Characteristics of the Trinity ISE III English exam, level C1
For all those who have an advanced - higher level of English, equivalent to a C1 level, today we want to help you prepare one of the recommended level tests to obtain an official certification, it is the Trinity ISE III English exam, level C1, through which you can open doors in practically the whole world, both at work and academic level. So that you have no doubts about how to do it, today we want to explain in detail what this test consists of, how it is exactly, we are going to leave you with material and fundamental tips to prepare the exam on your own and, in addition, we are going to help you in everything regarding enrollment, so that you can access the Trinity ISE III English exam, level C1, on the date you want, in the fastest and easiest way.
What is the Trinity ISE exam?
Trinity's Integrated Skills in English (ISE) is a contemporary qualification of four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) recognized by governments and institutions as reliable evidence of English language proficiency.
Preparation for the ISE helps develop authentic communicative and transferable skills required for academic study and employability, such as synthesizing information, engaging in interactive discussions, and presenting topics of personal interest.
Two exam modules offer flexibility:
There are two exam modules: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, which, depending on whether the exam is taken at a Trinity SELT Center in the UK, or at a Trinity Registered Exam Center anywhere in the world, can be taken together, or separately when ready.
Structure with respect to the CEFR: ISE proficiency levels are calibrated according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and are available in five levels:
ISE Foundation (A2), ISE I (B1), ISE II (B2), ISE III (C1), ISE IV (C2) *
* ISE IV has a different format than ISE in CEFR levels A2-C1
Reliable evidence of skills:
Trinity's ISE scores provide individuals and institutions with reliable evidence of the use of integrated English language skills at different levels, from beginner to advanced. ISE exams are regulated by Ofqual in the UK. They are listed in the UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and are aligned with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). The Trinity ISE A2-C2 exams have received an ALTE Q rating from the Association of Language Testers in Europe, proving that they meet the strictest quality criteria.
Recognized and accepted:
ISE is a UK government approved test for visa application and settlement purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center.If you are preparing for the ISE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for Visa or other purposes in UK visit UK visa tests, ISE is a suitable exam for students at the end of study abroad courses such as the PON-funded Italian program. ISE scores are also used as strong evidence of English language proficiency and are recognized by an increasing number of universities, governments, and institutions around the world.
Characteristics of the official English exam Trinity ISE III, level C1
In the following link you have a guide that Trinity College makes directly available to its candidates, in which you have all the information related to the tests , well detailed, which will help you a lot to prepare your full exam on a very secure basis. Keep it very present from the moment you start studying, it should be your fundamental guide to organize yourself.
But, in general, the exam consists of two fundamental parts:
The Reading and Writing test, lasting two hours . It is made up of the following activities:
2 x Reading tasks:
1 x Reading into writing task
1 x Extended writing task
The Speaking and Listening test, with a duration of 25 minutes . It is made up of the following activities:
3 x Speaking tasks:
Topic discussion task
1 x Independent listening task
How to prepare for the exam on your own
Trinity College makes material available directly and free of charge to candidates who are going to take the Trinity ISE III English exam, level C1:
- To prepare for the Reading and Wrinting tests, you have this detailed material available.
- In this link you have material to prepare the Listening and Speaking tests. Look at it and work it out carefully as it prepares you for the specifics of the test.
- And they also make the following videos available to the candidates , with which you can see what the oral exam is like live.
But, in addition to all this very specific material, we want to help you with a series of fundamental tips to prepare you for the Trinity ISE III English exam, level C1 and other complementary material that can help you a lot in preparing for the exam. You will have access to varied material typical of level C1. In any case, as it is an almost bilingual level, you should know that you are already in a position to work with material without adaptation, you will be able to fully understand everything:
- To be able to take this exam, you already have to have knowledge of English at an almost bilingual level , at an advanced level equivalent to a C1. It is essential that you control all the content. If you prefer to solve your doubts before or give a review, take any textbook for that level and eliminate all your doubts.
- It is essential that you organize yourself very well if you are going to prepare the tests on your own. You have to have a great commitment to daily work and you have to have a lot of confidence in your work and in your possibilities. You must take steps that will lead you to success. For this, we recommend that you make the most of the time you spend studying, that it is time of authentic quality. Make yourself a weekly work plan and from here work and move forward. Fulfill it, it is the only thing that will help you achieve your objectives and goals.
- You have to read a lot, a lot. For that we leave you this list of reading books typical of a C1 level, with which you can learn a lot.
- You have to prepare the spoken tests quite well, do not leave room for improvisation as your nerves can play tricks on you. Work them, in terms of structure and duration, with a native person if possible, since that is what can serve as a basis. Verbal fluency is necessary from the first levels. Also for these advanced levels you have to also show body expression as a good native would.
- Always work with a dictionary , since it is what can help you solve all your doubts. Look at this list of possible dictionaries, choose the one that best suits your needs.
- To prepare for the Listening test, what you must do is listen to everything you can in English. Use all the resources you have at your disposal and take advantage of them. You can use this list of songs for your level. This compilation of series and movies can also help you .
Everything you learn in your readings, videos, films, etc., should be a material that helps you demonstrate the level you have, a linguistic material to put into practice and for you to use. It is essential to memorize everything you learn and put it into practice in your productions, both oral and written.
Enrollment and results
Before starting to study, you have to control the future dates to take the exam and the registration deadlines for each of them. We always advise that you confirm everything with your exam center, since these data could be affected by circumstances beyond the current forecast.
Check dates, centers and everything you need from the following link: https://examenexam.com/es/ es / calls / ingles / trinity , you can also register from here, comfortably and safely.
The number of places is limited and they will be assigned as payments are made, so be very careful and do not let it pass, as you may run out of place. You will see that in the module that you have to fill in to enroll you have a section called "Observations", in which you must indicate if you only take a specific part of the exam because you have already previously taken the exam. In the latter case you must insert your candidate ID.
Until days before the exam they will not tell you in which of the available exam centers and closest to your home you should take the test. They do so in order to gather all the candidates by location in the fewest possible centers.