Characteristics of the Trinity ISE II English exam - Reading and Writing Module, level B2
To take advantage of your knowledge of English at B2 level, whether for work or academic reasons, today we want to recommend the official test of Trinity College, the Trinity ISE II English exam, level B2. But if what you need is to certify exactly the Reading and Writing modules, that is, the competence in writing and reading comprehension, this certificate allows you to examine only that part and obtain your accreditation of it. In this article we are going to help you prepare the test based on its characteristics, in addition, we are going to guide you so that you can enroll on time and quickly and easily.
What is the Trinity ISE exam?
Trinity's Integrated Skills in English (ISE) is a contemporary qualification of four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) recognized by governments and institutions as reliable evidence of English language proficiency. Preparation for the ISE helps develop authentic communicative and transferable skills required for academic study and employability, such as synthesizing information, engaging in interactive discussions, and presenting topics of personal interest.
Two exam modules offer flexibility: there are two exam modules: Reading and Writing and Speaking and Listening, which, depending on whether the exam is taken at a Trinity SELT Center in the UK, or at a Trinity Registered Exam Center in anywhere in the world, they can be taken together, or separately when ready.
Structure with respect to the CEFR: ISE proficiency levels are calibrated according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and are available in five levels :
ISE Foundation (A2), ISE I (B1), ISE II (B2), ISE III (C1), ISE IV (C2) *
* ISE IV has a different format than ISE in CEFR levels A2-C1
Recognized and accepted:
ISE is a UK government approved test for visa application and settlement purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center.If you are preparing for the ISE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for Visa or other purposes in the UK, visit UK visa tests,
ISE is an exam suitable for students at the end of study abroad courses, such as the Italian program funded by PON.
ISE scores are also used as strong evidence of English language proficiency and are recognized by an increasing number of universities, governments, and institutions around the world.
Characteristics of the Trinity ISE II official English exam - Reading & Writing Module, level B2
In this test you will examine the basic skills that you have to control to master a foreign language in its written text form: comprehension of both reading and written creation:
Reading and Writing:
This section is about reading comprehension and written expression. This exam lasts exactly two hours, in which you will have to develop 4 fundamental activities:
- Task 1: reading a text of 500 words with 15 comprehension questions.
- Task 2: reading 4 short texts of 500 words in total with 15 comprehension questions.
- Task 3: using the texts from task 2, write a composition of 150-180 words.
- Task 4: write an essay that can be a report, letter, email or review of 150-180 words.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
Do not forget to create a study and work plan that allows you to organize yourself, that allows you to concentrate the time you spend on it. This organization in a planned way is what will help you to follow a regular rhythm of work, advance by weeks, better by days if you can, and be able to shape this personal project for you. We advise you to have a specific agenda for this, that you work with it every day and that you meet the objectives set for each work session. When defining each day, you have to be very aware of which and at what hours you have quality time to dedicate to study.
Follow the following tips and use all this level material, it will help you a lot to deepen and advance:
- To take these tests, you already have to have knowledge of English at an intermediate level , that is, at a B2 level, especially in the part that you are going to examine, such as text comprehension and written expression, your fundamental objectives. We advise you to have at hand a general English book with a B2 level, which can help you a lot to control all its contents and can help you to reinforce and solve your doubts before entering fully in the preparation of the specific test.
- The Reading test requires that you dedicate yourself to reading in English as much as possible. You have to get into the habit of reading daily, wether it be newspapers, blogs, social networks, etc. But beyond that, it is necessary that you read complete books adapted to your level, which will be easy for you. This list of graded readings that we propose for level B2 of English can help you a lot to begin to make contact with literature and other uses of the English language.
- For the test you are going to take, it is also essential that you find new structures and vocabulary in formats other than just written. We advise you to also listen, from this material you will be able to get a lot of relevant information for your exam, and thus do not forget other aspects of the language. You can use this list of songs for your level. This compilation of series and movies can also help you .
- To prepare for a Writing test it is essential that you write as much as you can. It is about spending time each day writing and putting into practice everything learned at level B2. We advise you to maintain contact with natives, in writing, which will allow you to do it in the most realistic way. Ask them to correct you, so you will move forward safely. But the fundamental thing is that you practice the concrete test a lot, that you write in a way that is focused on the exam.
- Always work with a dictionary, it is what can help you solve all your doubts. Look at this list of possible dictionaries , choose the one that best suits your needs.
It is essential that you take into account this specific material that Trinity College itself makes available to you, with which you can prepare this part of the exam:
- At Trinity College you have more than enough material to prepare you for the Reading and Writing tests.
Enrollment and results
The first thing you have to do is control the future dates to take the exam and the registration deadlines for each of them. We always advise that you confirm everything with your exam center, as these data could be affected by circumstances beyond the current forecast.
Check dates, centers and everything you need, you can also enroll from here, comfortably and safely.
The number of places is limited and they will be assigned as payments are made, so be very careful and do not let it pass, as you may run out of place. You will see that in the module that you have to fill in to enroll you have a section called "Observations", in which you must indicate if you only take a specific part of the exam because you have already previously taken the exam. In the latter case you must insert your candidate ID.
Until days before the exam they will not tell you in which of the available exam centers and closest to your home you should take the test. They do so in order to gather all the candidates by location in the fewest possible centers. https://examenexam.com/es/es/convocativos/ingles/trinity