Characteristics of the English exam Trinity GESE 4 - A2.2 (level A2)
When you want or need to officially demonstrate your linguistic ability orally in English, you have the possibility of taking the Trinity GESE exams. Today we are going to explain how you can exactly prepare for the Trinity GESE 4-A.2.2. Exam, level A2. So if you have this level, keep reading and you will find out what the exam is like, how you can prepare it, upcoming dates and how to enroll.
What are the GESE exams?
The GESE exams are especially suitable for people of all ages who want to develop communicative speaking and listening skills in English , to use in real life, whatever the purpose, be it for immigration, work, study, leisure or employment. GESE is also a suitable exam for students at the end of study abroad courses.
The GESE exams are developed with the structure of individual and face-to-face evaluations, demonstrating the skills of speaking and listening in English with a Trinity examiner, who encourages the candidate to show what they can do through prompts and an authentic interactive dialogue . The duration of the exam is 5-25 minutes, depending on the grade.
Because candidates can plan ahead to discuss their own interests and opinions on the exam, this encourages learning and supports natural speech, helping them relax and perform at their best during the exam.
GESE is available in 12 levels: Grades 1-12, from pre-A1 level to C2 CEFR level). Grouped by stage of development, the GESE exams offer a progressive framework for the development of English language skills and an assessment for each student:
- Grades 1-3: Initial Stage - Pre-A1-A2.1
- Grades 4-6: Elementary Stage - A2.2-B1.2
- Grades 7-9: Intermediate Stage - B2.1-B2.3
- Grades 10-12: Advanced Stage - C1.1-C2
GESE is designed to support classroom instruction and general English courses and curricula, and Trinity directly provides a wide range of guidance, videos, support and resources for each level. Trinity GESE qualifications provide individuals and institutions reliable evidence of English speaking skills at different levels, from beginner to advanced.
The GESE exams are regulated by Ofqual in the UK . They are listed in the UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and are aligned with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). They have also received the ALTE Q rating from the Association of Language Testers in Europe, proving that they meet the strictest quality criteria.
GESE is a UK government approved test for visa application and clearance purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center. If you are preparing for GESE as Secure English Language Test (SELT) for UK visa purposes, you should visit UK visa tests.
Structure of the GESE 4- A2.2 exam, level A2
The exam is oral only and consists of the discussion of a topic and a conversation. The entire duration of this exam is 10 minutes. There are two parts that you should know well:
- The debate : in which you will select a topic of your free choice to prepare in advance and discuss with the examiner. It can be about any topic that really interests you, take advantage and choose a topic that you know well, as it will allow you to do much better. We advise you to be a relatively complex subject, in which you can demonstrate your skills, the use of concepts and specific knowledge of vocabulary.
- The Conversation: You will have to engage in a conversation with your examiner. You will play themes of the level. So that a dialogue will be established in which you must be a natural and fluid participant.
In GESE grade 4 you would already have to prepare your TOPIC FORM , which consists of a kind of outline that the examiner will use to develop the discussion. It has a main idea and four themes related to that central idea. Test centers provide candidates with these forms to fill out and bring at the time of the exam. Don't forget this part, it is very important.
It is also very important to remember that the GESE Grade 2, Grade 3 and Grade 4 exams are passed for UK visa or settlement purposes when taken at a UK SELT center.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
- Check your level of English , you must already have level A2, but a well-worked and established level A2, and if not, get the contents first and then start preparing the test. It is essential that you check this before you start preparing for the exam.
- Set yourself a study habit, preferably daily. Create a weekly study plan and mark the real days and moments that you can dedicate to it, in which you are going to concentrate for being fully available. It is what will allow you to advance and pass this exam with the best possible grade, that is what it is about. The more vocabulary you have and the more fluency in expressing yourself, the easier it will be to pass the level.
- Reading will help you expand your vocabulary and the syntactic and grammatical structures that you already know, so we highly recommend that you do it continuously, with daily frequency. It is essential that you make the effort to apply what you have learned in the readings or everything that may be significant, in your presentation and conversations. With this list of reading books you can help yourself; They are suitable books for candidates with an A2 level.
- Don't forget about listening, they will bring you closer to accents and pronunciation of English words. It is essential for you to have good oral conversations. In this list we leave you a good recommendation of songs that can go very well for the A2 level of English.
- Series and movies are also essential for this type of exam. Take advantage, since you have the opportunity to learn and study in a very entertaining way. The series are recommended, since they will allow you to be in constant contact with the language. In this list you will find the most recommended of both genders for level A2.
- Always have a good dictionary at hand, it is what will allow you to solve all your doubts at the moment and in a completely reliable way. We propose a list for you to choose the one that best suits you and serves you for the level you are preparing.
- Look for natives interested in doing exchanges orally, that will benefit you a lot. Nowadays you have enough means to have contacts without leaving home and surely there are many people interested in helping you and learning your language.
Do not forget that beyond all these processes, what you must control is verbal fluency and the ability to express yourself orally, even in improvised situations. This is what the examiners will value about you, in addition to being able to expose a subject of a certain complication.
Books to prepare for the Trinity GESE 4- A2.2 exam, level A2
To prepare for the test on your own, you have the following book, which is recommended by Trinity College. If you add it in your study plan to the material that the center itself makes available to the candidates, it will be the guide that works the most for you and helps you in this learning time. You will get a very complete preparation material in which you can work on all the parts of the test:
- Trinity Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE): Trinity Pub Gese Grades 3-4: Teacher's Book, Student's Book and CD Pack (Trinity Graded Exams). See on amazon.
- PASS TRINITY NOW BOOK DVD GRADES 3 4 (Examinations). View on amazon
- Topics for trinity. Per gli esami GESE, grades 3 and 4. ISE 0. With Audio CD. With online expansion: 1. See on amazon.
- READY FOR TRINITY GESE GRADE 3-4 SB PACK. See on amazon.
As complementary material, you can use any English textbook that prepares the A2 level, as a general basis to answer questions, to consolidate the concepts that you have to take well established and that you must control wonderfully. Anyone is good.
Enrollment and results
The Trinity GESE exam scores the different sections with the use of the letters A, B, C or D, with A being the highest grade and D the lowest of all. According to the average of these sections, it is determined whether the qualified receives Fail, Pass, Merit, or Distintion. To make it clearer, look at the following equivalences:
A = Distintion C = Pass
B = Merit D = Fail
Fail: if you do not reach the level that you present yourself
Pass: if you reach the level just
Merit: if your grade is higher than fair to pass
Distinction: if you reach the maximum score
In relation to the exam fees, you should know that these vary depending on the place where you enroll. In any case, ask for information at your exam center, since they are the ones who will confirm you with details, since the price may vary on different dates in addition to varying depending on the center where you do it.
When you are clear when you are going to take the exam, register as soon as possible, as there are a limited number of places and you can easily run out of yours. Enrollment can be done simply and quickly from the following link: https://examenexam.com/