Characteristics of the Trinity ISE Foundation - Listening & Speaking English exam, level A2
Certifying your level of English in the oral part, both in comprehension and expression, is possible. Also in the first levels, of which it is important to have certificates to be able to take advantage of it and get the most out of it. The Trinity ISE Foundation-Listening and Speaking Module, level A2 English exam is the best option in this case. Therefore, in today's article, we are going to help all those interested in taking this test, through tips, activities, direct materials from Trinity College to prepare for the Trinity ISE Foundation English exam - Listening and Speaking Module, level A2. In addition, to all those interested we leave the link from which you can obtain direct information to make the registration and the dates on which you can be examined.
What is the Trinity ISE exam?
Trinity's Integrated Skills in English (ISE) is a contemporary qualification of four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) recognized by governments and institutions as reliable evidence of English language proficiency.
Preparation for the ISE helps develop authentic communicative and transferable skills required for academic study and employability, such as synthesizing information, engaging in interactive discussions, and presenting topics of personal interest.
Two exam modules offer flexibility:
There are two exam modules: Reading and Writing and Speaking and Listening, which, depending on whether the exam is taken at a Trinity SELT Center in the UK, or at a Trinity Registered Exam Center anywhere in the world, can be taken together, or separately when ready.
Structure with respect to the CEFR: ISE proficiency levels are calibrated according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and are available in five levels:
ISE Foundation (A2), ISE I (B1), ISE II (B2), ISE III (C1), ISE IV (C2) *
* ISE IV has a different format than ISE in CEFR levels A2-C1
Reliable evidence of skills:
Trinity's ISE scores provide individuals and institutions with reliable evidence of the use of integrated English language skills at different levels, from beginner to advanced. ISE exams are regulated by Ofqual in the UK. They are listed in the UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RFQ) and are aligned with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). The Trinity ISE A2-C2 exams have received an ALTE Q rating from the Association of Language Testers in Europe, proving that they meet the strictest quality criteria.
Recognized and accepted:
ISE is a UK government-approved test for visa application and settlement purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center. If you are preparing for the ISE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for Visa or other purposes in the UK visit UK visa tests, ISE is a suitable exam for students at the end of the study abroad courses such as the PON-funded Italian program. ISE scores are also used as strong evidence of English language proficiency and are recognized by an increasing number of universities, governments, and institutions around the world.
Characteristics of the Trinity ISE Foundation official English exam- Listening and Speaking Module, level A2
The exam consists of an interview directly with a Trinity College examiner and consists of three different parts: Topic Task, Conversation Task, and Independent Listening Tasks.
- Topic Task, with a duration of 4 minutes: you have to come to the exam prepared to talk about a topic or subject. You can choose yourself what you want to talk about, for example, a game, a place or an activity, something that you control and that has to do with the contents of your A2 level. Before the exam, you must complete a topic form with the points you want to discuss and you must take it to the exam, which the examiner will use to start the discussion. During the exam, the topic and its points are discussed with the examiner. Take good care of what you write on the idea sheet, as it will also be evaluated.
- Task conversation, lasting 2 minutes: in this part of the examination, you will maintain a conversation with the examiner on one of these topics: holidays, shopping, school and work, hobbies and sports, food, weekend, and seasonal activities.
- Think beforehand and prepare what you can say about each topic, to control the test well. Try to speak based on your personal experience, make it real and credible in front of the examiner.
- Independent Listening Tasks There are two parts to this section of the exam:
TASK 1, with a duration of 2 minutes and 15 seconds: you will listen to a recording twice and you will have to write letters on a graph. The recording will tell you where to write the letters.
TASK 2, with a duration of 3 minutes and 45 seconds: you will listen to a recording twice and make different annotations on a piece of paper, although it is not mandatory. You will tell the examiner five things you have heard. The examiner will then ask you three questions about the recording.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
Trinity College makes material available directly and free of charge to candidates who are going to take the Trinity ISE Foundation-Listening and Writing Module, level A2 English exam:
- In this link, you have material to prepare for the Listening and Speaking tests. Look at it and work it out carefully as it prepares you for the specifics of the test.
- And they also make the following videos available to the candidates, with which you can see what the oral exam is like live.
But, in addition to all this very specific material, we want to help you with a series of fundamental tips to prepare you for the Trinity ISE Foundation English exam-Listening and Speaking module, level A2 and other complementary material that can be very useful in preparing for the exam. It is a specific material for level A2 of English, and fundamental to reinforce all parts of this very specific exam, which we advise you to review very well, calmly, and use in your study sections:
- To be able to take this exam, you already have to have knowledge of English at a basic level, but you have to control the level and its contents a lot, the A2. The interesting thing, therefore, would be that you start with some general English book that helps you control all the contents of the A2 and that you always have close by in case you have any questions. Remember that you are going to examine yourself in the Listening and Speaking part, so it is necessary that you not only have knowledge but also have enough fluency and skills to do it.
- A lot of attention and prepare very well the topic that you have of your own choice and that you will present in front of the examiner on the day of the exam. Take advantage and shine with this test, you have a great opportunity to get a good grade, but for that, you need to do focused work. Choose vocabulary of your level and a little more; Practice a lot, all you can, to get to the exam completely calm and safe.
- For the spoken test you have to prepare it with a native person if possible since that is what can serve as a basis. Verbal fluency is necessary from the first levels.
- Always work with a dictionary, since it is what can help you solve all your doubts. Look at this list of possible dictionaries, choose the one that best suits your needs.
- To prepare for the Listening test, what you have to do is listen to everything you can in English. Use all the resources you have at your disposal and take advantage of them. You can use this list of songs for your level. This compilation of series and movies can also help you.
Everything you learn in your readings, videos, films, etc., should be material that helps you to demonstrate the level you have, a linguistic material to put into practice and for you to use. It is essential to memorize everything you learn.
Enrollment and results
Before starting to study, you have to control the future dates to take the exam and the registration deadlines for each of them. We always advise that you confirm everything with your exam center, check dates, centers and everything you need from the following link: https://examenexam.com/es/es/convocativos/ingles/trinity , you can also register from here, in a comfortable and safe way.
The number of places is limited and they will be assigned as payments are made, so be very careful and do not let it pass, as you may run out of place. You will see that in the module that you have to fill in to enroll you have a section called "Observations", in which you must indicate if you only take a specific part of the exam because you have already previously taken the exam. In the latter case, you must insert your candidate ID.
Until days before the exam, they will not tell you in which of the available exam centers and closest to your home you should take the test. They do so in order to gather all the candidates by location in the fewest possible centers.