Characteristics of the Trinity ISE II English exam - Listening & Speaking Module, level B2
Do you need a certificate that accredits your B2 level of spoken English? In case you did not know, you can obtain it without having to perform any other tests. Therefore, today we are going to explain everything you need to know about the Trinity College ISE exams, more specifically about the characteristics of the Trinity ISE II English exam - Listening and Speaking Module, level B2. In order for you to make the right decision, we are going to explain to you first of all what this exam consists of, next dates to take it and a safe and fast way to enroll. But we go much further and accompany you in the process of preparing the tests, through a series of tips and essential material that will help you in this regard.
What is the Trinity ISE exam?
Trinity's Integrated Skills in English (ISE) is a contemporary qualification of four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) recognized by governments and institutions as reliable evidence of English language proficiency. Preparation for the ISE helps develop authentic communicative and transferable skills required for academic study and employability, such as synthesizing information, engaging in interactive discussions, and presenting topics of personal interest.
Two exam modules offer flexibility: there are two exam modules: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, which, depending on whether the exam is taken at a Trinity SELT Center in the UK, or at a Trinity Registered Exam Center in anywhere in the world, they can be taken together, or separately when ready.
Structure with respect to the CEFR: ISE proficiency levels are calibrated according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and are available in five levels :
ISE Foundation (A2), ISE I (B1), ISE II (B2), ISE III (C1), ISE IV (C2) *
* ISE IV has a different format than ISE in CEFR levels A2-C1
Recognized and accepted:
ISE is a UK government approved test for visa application and settlement purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center.If you are preparing for the ISE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for Visa or other purposes in the UK, visit UK visa tests,
ISE is an exam suitable for students at the end of study abroad courses, such as the Italian program funded by PON.
ISE scores are also used as strong evidence of English language proficiency and are recognized by an increasing number of universities, governments, and institutions around the world.
Characteristics of the official English exam Trinity ISE II- Module Listening and Speaking, level B2
In this test you will examine the basic skills that you have to control to master a foreign language in a spoken way; that is to say, of Speaking & Listening. This is the speaking and listening test. It lasts 20 minutes, in which the following activities are carried out:
- Topic task, 4 minutes long: presentation of a topic to be chosen by the applicant.
- Collaborative Task, for 4 minutes: simple discussion between the examiner and the student.
- Conversation task, 2 minutes long: conversation on a topic proposed by the examiner.
- Independent listening tasks, 7 minutes long: listen to a radio track and answer some questions asked by the examiner.
You have the guides that Trinity College makes available to those interested in taking the test.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
Trinity College makes available directly and free of charge a material available to candidates, which it is essential that you use for the study and preparation of the English exam Trinity ISE II-Listening and Wrinting Module, level B2:
- You have material to prepare the Listening and Speaking tests.
- They also make the following videos available to the candidates, with which you can see what the oral exam is like live.
But, in addition to all this very specific material, we want to help you with a series of tips and other complementary material that can help you a lot in preparing for the exam. It is a specific material for the B2 level of English, and essential to reinforce all parts of this very specific exam, which we advise you to review very well, calmly and use in your study sections:
- To be able to take this exam, you must already have knowledge of English at an intermediate-advanced level, at a B2 level. The interesting thing, therefore, would be that you start with this, with some general English book that helps you control all the contents of B2 and that you always have close by in case you have any questions. Remember that you are going to take the Listening and Speaking part, so it is necessary that you not only have knowledge, but also have enough fluency and skills to do it.
- The spoken test you have to prepare it with a native person if possible, since that is what can serve as a basis. You have to demonstrate the utmost naturalness and dexterity in your oral communication, so the more you practice, the better. Verbal fluency is necessary from the first levels. Anyway, with a B2 level you already have to have enough fluency and a lot of preparation behind your back. Fear not, it will not be difficult for you.
- To prepare for the Listening test, what you have to do is listen to everything you can in English. Use all the resources you have at your disposal and take advantage of them. You can use this list of songs for your level. This compilation of series and movies can also help you .
Everything you learn in your readings, videos, films, etc., should be a material that helps you demonstrate the level you have, a linguistic material to put into practice and for you to use. It is essential to memorize everything you learn.
Enrollment and results
The first thing you have to do is control the future dates to take the exam and the registration deadlines for each of them. We always advise that you confirm everything with your exam center, as these data could be affected by circumstances beyond the current forecast.
Check dates , centers and everything you need, you can also enroll from here, comfortably and safely.
The number of places is limited and they will be assigned as payments are made, so be very careful and do not let it pass, as you may run out of place. You will see that in the module that you have to fill in to enroll you have a section called "Observations", in which you must indicate if you only take a specific part of the exam because you have already previously taken the exam. In the latter case you must insert your candidate ID.
Until days before the exam they will not tell you in which of the available exam centers and closest to your home you should take the test. They do so in order to gather all the candidates by location in the fewest possible centers.