Trinity ISE Foundation - Reading & Writing (A2)
Features of the Trinity ISE Foundation - Reading & Writing English exam, level A2
Even if you have a basic level of English, an A2, you can certify it and enjoy the benefits that this secure certificate will bring you. Many companies, study centers, scholarships ... require candidates with a basic but demonstrable knowledge of English. For this reason, today we are going to explain everything related to the Trinity ISE Foundation English exam, level A2, but specifically about the tests that show your abilities in terms of written English, both comprehension and production. This is a highly demanded requirement and it can help you achieve some of your goals. The Trinity ISE Foundation English exam - Reading and Wrinting, level A2 allows you precisely to accredit this very specific knowledge. In this article we explain exactly what it is,
What is the Trinity ISE exam?
Trinity's Integrated Skills in English (ISE) is a contemporary qualification of four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) recognized by governments and institutions as reliable evidence of English language proficiency. Preparation for the ISE helps develop authentic communicative and transferable skills required for academic study and employability, such as synthesizing information, engaging in interactive discussions and presenting topics of personal interest.
Two exam modules offer flexibility: there are two exam modules: Reading and Writing and Speaking and Listening, which, depending on whether the exam is taken at a Trinity SELT Center in the UK or at a Trinity Registered Exam Center in anywhere in the world, they can be taken together or separately when ready.
Structure with respect to the CEFR: ISE proficiency levels are calibrated according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and are available in five levels :
ISE Foundation (A2), ISE I (B1), ISE II (B2), ISE III (C1), ISE IV (C2) *
* ISE IV has a different format than ISE in CEFR levels A2-C1
Recognized and accepted:
ISE is a UK government approved test for visa application and settlement purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center.If you are preparing for the ISE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for Visa or other purposes in the UK, visit UK visa tests,
ISE is an exam suitable for students at the end of study abroad courses, such as the Italian program funded by PON.
ISE scores are also used as strong evidence of English language proficiency and are recognized by an increasing number of universities, governments, and institutions around the world.
Characteristics of the official English exam Trinity ISE Foundation- Reading and Writing, level A2
In this test you will examine the basic competences that you have to control to master a foreign language in writing, that is, reading comprehension and writing. Take a good look at the test:
Reading and Writing: the exam lasts two hours and is divided into four parts: Long Reading, Multi-Text Reading, Reading into Writing and Extended Reading.
Starting from a text of approximately 300 words, 15 questions of three types are posed:
- Questions from 1 to 5: you must choose the correct title for each paragraph of the text.
- Questions from 6 to 10: you have to decide which five sentences from a list of eight are true according to the text, taking into account that three are false or do not appear in the text.
- Questions from 11 to 15: you have to complete sentences with words from the text.
Based on three short texts, of around 300 words in total and taking into account that one of them is an infographic, 15 questions of three types are posed:
- 16-20: you must choose which text matches a description. There are five questions that describe the main idea or purpose of the texts.
- 21-25: you have to decide which five sentences from a list of eight are true according to the text. Three are false or the text does not appear.
- 26-30: you have to complete information that summarizes the texts with words or expressions from a list.
Reading into Writing:
In this test you have to write an essay or an article of between 70-100 words, based only and exclusively on the texts of the second test, of your own and personal production, and without copying words from the texts. Very important is that you stick to the number of words. Be very careful, you cannot write less than the required words. It is also not advisable to write more, stay with the number they ask for.
In this case, you have to write a composition, article, letter or email of between 70-100 words, based on a question that is asked. We remind you that you should follow the same advice as in the previous exercise regarding the number of words.
Here you have the guides that Trinity College makes available to those interested in taking the test:
How to prepare for the exam on your own
Trinity College makes material available directly and free of charge to candidates who are going to take the Trinity ISE Foundation Reading and Writing English exam, level A2, which is essential that you use for the study:
- Trinity College has specific material for you to prepare for the ISE Foundation-Reading and Wrinting test, level A2. It is a material adjusted to the characteristics of the exam tests, with which we advise you to prepare and work well, since it is what can help you the most:
But, in addition to all this very specific material, we want to help you with a series of tips and other complementary material that can help you a lot in preparing for the exam to deepen and review. It is a material adjusted for level A2 of English:
- To be able to take this exam, you must already have knowledge of English at a complete basic level , at level A2. What is necessary and important is that you have that part already controlled and that you know the contents very well. In any case, always have a level book next to you, so you can solve all your doubts.
- To prepare a Writing test you have to write. It is about spending time each day writing and putting into practice everything learned at level A2. We advise you to keep in touch with natives, in writing, it is what will allow you to do it in the most real way. Ask them to correct you, so you will move forward safely.
- The Reading test requires that you dedicate yourself to reading in English as much as you can and as many texts as you can as well. You need to do daily readings, whether from newspapers, blogs, social networks, etc. Maybe with the level you have it is difficult for you, but it is normal, do not despair. But beyond that, it is essential and highly advisable that you read complete books adapted to your level. For this reason, we leave you with this list of graded readings that we propose for the A2 level of English can help you a lot to begin to make contact with literature and other uses of the English language.
- Always work with a dictionary , since it is what can help you solve all your doubts. Look at this list of possible dictionaries , choose the one that best suits your needs. It is highly recommended that you use them from the beginning, from the first levels.
The first thing you have to do is control the future dates to take the exam and the registration deadlines for each of them. We always advise that you confirm everything with your exam center, as these data could be affected by circumstances beyond the current forecast.
Check dates, centers and everything you need, you can also enroll from here, comfortably and safely.
The number of places is limited and they will be assigned as payments are made, so be very careful and do not let it pass, as you may run out of place. You will see that in the module that you have to fill in to enroll you have a section called "Observations", in which you must indicate if you only take a specific part of the exam because you have already previously taken the exam. In the latter case you must insert your candidate ID.
Until days before the exam they will not tell you in which of the available exam centers and closest to your home you should take the test. They do so in order to gather all the candidates by location in the fewest possible centers.