Trinity GESE 3 - A2.1 (A2)
Characteristics of the Trinity GESE 3 - A2.1 English exam (level A2)
Do you have a well-established initial level of English and are you also quite fluent in speaking? Have you just returned from an English-speaking country and have a lot of oral fluency? Do you need to certify your English, but only speaking? If all of this sounds like your situation, you should read today's article. We are going to focus on helping you to solve all the doubts related to the official level test Trinity GESE 3- A2.1., Level A2: its characteristics, tips for you to prepare it on your own, upcoming dates and registration.
What are the GESE exams?
The GESE exams are especially suitable for people of all ages who want to develop communicative speaking and listening skills in English, to use in real life, whatever the purpose, be it for immigration, work, study, leisure or employment. GESE is also a suitable exam for students at the end of study abroad courses. The GESE exams are developed with the structure of individual and face-to-face evaluations, demonstrating the skills of speaking and listening in English with a Trinity examiner, who encourages the candidate to show what they can do through prompts and authentic interactive dialogue. The duration of the exam is 5-25 minutes, depending on the grade.
Because candidates can plan ahead to discuss their own interests and opinions on the exam, this encourages learning and supports natural speech, helping them relax and perform at their best during the exam.
GESE is available in 12 levels: Grades 1-12, from pre-A1 level to C2 CEFR level). Grouped by stage of development, the GESE exams offer a progressive framework for the development of English language skills and an assessment for each student:
- Grades 1-3: Initial Stage - Pre-A1-A2.1
- Grades 4-6: Elementary Stage - A2.2-B1.2
- Grades 7-9: Intermediate Stage - B2.1-B2.3
- Grades 10-12: Advanced Stage - C1.1-C2
GESE is designed to support classroom instruction and general English courses and curricula, and Trinity directly provides a wide range of guidance, videos, support and resources for each level.
Trinity's GESE ratings provide individuals and institutions with reliable evidence of English speaking skills at different levels, from beginner to advanced. The GESE exams are regulated by Ofqual in the UK. They are listed in the UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and are aligned with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). They have also received the ALTE Q rating from the Association of Language Testers in Europe, proving that they meet the strictest quality criteria.
GESE is a UK government approved test for visa application and clearance purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center. If you are preparing for GESE as Secure English Language Test (SELT) for UK Visa Purposes, you should visit UK Visa Tests.
Structure of the GESE 3- A2.1 exam, level A2
The exam is oral only and consists of a conversation with your examiner, without a script, in which you will use visual materials to engage you in the situation and with the intention of creating an authentic conversation, thereby testing your speaking and listening skills. The duration of the exam is between 5 to 7 minutes.
You should know that if you take the Trinity GESE 3 exam, you will be within the levels considered "Beginners" of these GESE exams. Therefore, you only have to show your basic skills, aimed at creating confidence and motivation in communicating in English, focusing on the everyday aspects that will be the focus of the exam. It is important to remember that the GESE Grade 2, Grade 3, and Grade 4 exams are passed for UK visa or clearance purposes when taken at a UK SELT center.
Trinity GESE 3- A2.1 exam sessions, level A2
In the following link you have everything related to the next calls for 2020:
How to prepare for the exam on your own
- Check your level of English , you must already have the A2 level well worked and established, and if not, get the contents of that level first and then start preparing the test. It is essential that you check this before you start preparing for the exam;
- Make yourself a study habit, ideally daily or almost daily. Create a weekly study plan and mark the real days and moments that you can dedicate to it, in which you are going to concentrate because you have full availability. It is what will allow you to advance and pass this exam with the best grade. The more vocabulary you have and the more fluency in expressing yourself, the easier it will be to pass the level;
- Reading will help you expand your vocabulary and the syntactic and grammatical structures that you already know, so we highly recommend that you do it continuously, with daily frequency. With this list of reading books you can help yourself; They are suitable books for candidates with an A2 level.
- don't forget about listening, they will bring you closer to accents and pronunciation of English words. In this list we leave you a good recommendation of songs that can go very well for the A2 level of English.
- also series and movies are essential for this type of examination. Take advantage, since you have the opportunity to learn and study in a very entertaining way. In that list you will find the most recommendable of these genres for level A2
- Always have a good dictionary at hand, it is what will allow you to solve all your doubts in the moment and in a completely reliable way. We propose a list for you to choose the one that best suits you and serves you for the level you are preparing.
- do not forget to keep in direct contact with the language, as long as you can a day. Look for natives interested in conducting exchanges orally. Nowadays you have enough means to have contacts without leaving home and surely there are many people interested in helping you and learning your language.
Remember, beyond all these processes, what you must control is verbal fluency and the ability to express yourself orally, even in improvised situations. This is what the examiners will value about you.
To do this, Trinity College offers candidates a series of very useful materials, with which they can prepare for the test personally. Take a good look at the link from which you can download a special guide for level GESE 3- A2.1., Level A2, where you can find all the information related to your level.
The following activities are also made available to you by Trinity College. Look for the level Trinity GESE 3- A2.1., Level A2, and you can start practicing, the best way to prepare the test, since the activities have that specific purpose and are prepared to simulate the test.
You can also access videos that Trinity College makes available to students to get inspired and see what these tests are like. Also focus on non-verbal communication, as it is another very interesting form of communication that the examiners monitor and take into account.
Books to prepare for the Trinity GESE 3- A2.1 exam, level A2
To prepare the test directly, you have the following book, which is the one recommended by Trinity College directly, and if you join it in your study plan to the material that the same center makes available to candidates, it will be the guide that the more it works for you and helps you in this learning time. You will get a very complete preparation material in which you can work on all the parts of the test:
- Trinity Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE): Trinity Pub Gese Grades 3-4: Teacher's Book, Student's Book and CD Pack (Trinity Graded Exams). See on amazon.
- PASS TRINITY NOW BOOK DVD GRADES 3 4 (Examinations). See on amazon.
- READY FOR TRINITY GESE GRADE 3-4 SB PACK. See on amazon.
- TALKING TRINITY 3 2018 GESE ST + WB + CD (Talking Trinity 2018). See on amazon.
As complementary material, you can use any English textbook that prepares the A2 level, as a general basis to answer questions, to consolidate the concepts that you have to take well established and that you must control wonderfully. Anyone is good.
Enrollment and results
The Trinity GESE exam marks the different sections with the use of the letters A, B, C or D, with A being the highest grade and D the lowest of all. According to the average of these sections, it is determined whether the qualified receives Fail, Pass, Merit or Distintion. To make it clearer, look at the following equivalences:
A = Distintion C = Pass
B = Merit D = Fail
- Fail: if you do not reach the level that you present yourself
- Pass: if you get right to the level
- Merit: if your grade is higher than fair to pass
- Distinction: if you reach the maximum score
In relation to the exam fees, you should know that these vary depending on the place where you enroll. In any case, ask for information at your exam center, since they are the ones who will confirm details, since the price may vary on different dates in addition to varying depending on the center where you do it.
When you are clear when you are going to take the exam, register as soon as possible, since there are a limited number of places and you can easily run out of yours. Enrollment can be done simply and quickly from the following link: https://examenexam.com/