Trinity GESE 5 - B1.1 (B1)
Trinity GESE 5 - B1.1 exam features (level B1)
If you want to certify your level of English with an official title and with just a spoken test, the GESE exams at Trinity College are the best option for you. The Trinity exams are tests that award globally recognized official English qualifications. Today we are going to leave you all the information so that you can organize and prepare the Trinity GESE 5 - B1.1., Level B1.
What are the GESE exams?
The GESE exams are especially suitable for people of all ages who want to develop communicative speaking and listening skills in English, to use in real life, whatever the purpose, whether it be for immigration, work, study, leisure or employment. GESE is also a suitable exam for students at the end of study abroad courses.
The GESE exams are developed with the structure of individual and face-to-face evaluations, demonstrating the skills of speaking and listening in English with a Trinity examiner, who encourages the candidate to show what they can do through prompts and authentic interactive dialogue . The duration of the exam is 5-25 minutes, depending on the grade.
Because candidates can plan ahead to discuss their own interests and opinions on the exam, this encourages learning and supports natural speech, helping them relax and perform at their best during the exam.
GESE is available in 12 levels: Grades 1-12, from pre-A1 level to C2 CEFR level). Grouped by stage of development, the GESE exams offer a progressive framework for the development of English language skills and an assessment for each student:
- Grades 1-3: Initial Stage - Pre-A1-A2.1
- Grades 4-6: Elementary Stage - A2.2-B1.2
- Grades 7-9: Intermediate Stage - B2.1-B2.3
- Grades 10-12: Advanced Stage - C1.1-C2
GESE is designed to support classroom instruction and general English courses and curricula, and Trinity directly provides a wide range of guidance, videos, support and resources for each level.
Trinity's GESE ratings provide individuals and institutions with reliable evidence of English speaking skills at different levels, from beginner to advanced.
The GESE exams are regulated by Ofqual in the UK. They are listed in the UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and are aligned with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). They have also received the ALTE Q rating from the Association of Language Testers in Europe, proving that they meet the strictest quality criteria.
GESE is a UK government approved test for visa application and clearance purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center. If you are preparing for GESE as Secure English Language Test (SELT) for UK Visa Purposes, you should visit UK Visa Tests.
Structure of the GESE 5- B1.1. Exam, level B1
This exam takes the form of a conversation, unscripted, to allow room for improvisation, with a Trinity examiner. They have a duration of 10 minutes. There are two parts to the exam:
- The topic debate: in this test you will have to select a topic, the one you prefer, your choice is open, to prepare in advance and on the day of the exam you will discuss it with the examiner. It can be about any subject that interests you, but it should allow you to demonstrate the language functions and communication skills required for grade B1.
- The conversation: here you will have to engage in a face-to-face conversation with your examiner, based on two subject areas of the level. You'll know as you go.
You will have to prepare a kind of scheme called TOPIC FORM and that the examiner uses to develop the discussion. This instrument has a main idea and 4 related topics. Test centers can provide you with these forms for the day of your test.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
In order to help you, Trinity College offers candidates a series of very useful materials, with which they can prepare for the test in a personal way. Take a good look at the following link from which you can download a special guide for level GESE 5- B1.1., Level B1, where you can find all the information related to your level.
You also have a series of videos that Trinity College makes available to students and candidates to get inspired and see what these tests are like. Also focus on non-verbal communication, as it is another very interesting form of communication that the examiners monitor and take into account.
- Check your level of English , you must already have level B1. It is an intermediate level, so you must show that you have done the equivalent work at that level. It is essential that you check before starting to prepare for the exam that you have this level; If not, work it out before you start preparing for the exam. A person who does not know English cannot take this test;
- Make a habit of daily study, it is essential. Create a weekly study plan in which the maximum number of days you can dedicate time to it, and mark the real moments that you can dedicate to it, in which you are going to concentrate for being completely available. The more vocabulary you have and the more fluency in expressing yourself, the easier it will be to pass the level;
- Reading will help you expand your vocabulary and the syntactic and grammatical structures that you already know, so we highly recommend that you do it continuously, with daily frequency. It is essential that you make the effort to apply what you have learned in the readings, or everything that may be significant, in your presentation and conversations. With this list of reading books you can help yourself; there are books suitable for candidates with a B1 level.
- don't forget to listen a lot, they will bring you closer to accents and pronunciation of English words and help you when you speak. In this list we leave you a good recommendation of songs that can go very well for the B1 level of English.
- And if you prefer series and movies , they are essential for this type of exam. Take advantage, since you have the opportunity to learn and study in a very entertaining way. The series are highly recommended, as they will allow you to be in constant contact with the language. In this list you will find the most recommended of both genders for level B1.
- work with a dictionary, it is what will allow you to solve all your doubts in the moment and in a completely reliable way. We propose a list for you to choose the one that best suits you and serves you for the level you are preparing.
- Look for natives interested in doing exchanges orally, that will benefit you a lot. Nowadays you have enough means to have contacts without leaving home and surely there are many people interested in helping you and learning your language. With the level you have, you can already have conversations of all kinds.
With this level you already have to be very fluent when you speak, also a certain speed, which can be summed up naturally. It is essential that you show all this if you are going to examine yourself at an intermediate level such as B1, a central level and that needs a good knowledge of English to be certified.
Books to prepare for the Trinity GESE 5- B1.1 exam, level B1
In order to prepare for the test, you have the following book, which is recommended by Trinity College. If you add it in your study planning to the material that the center itself makes available to the candidates, it will become great material and powerful enough to be able to take the exam and ensure that you pass:
- READY FOR TRINITY GESE GRADE 5-6 SB PACK. See on amazon.
As complementary material, you can use any English textbook that prepares the B1 level, as a general basis to solve doubts, to consolidate the concepts that you have to take well established and that you must control superbly. Anyone is good and it is advisable to have one nearby, to always go to him as a preparation guide.
Enrollment and results
The Trinity GESE exam marks the different sections with the use of the letters A, B, C or D, with A being the highest grade and D the lowest of all. According to the average of these sections, it is determined whether the qualified receives Fail, Pass, Merit or Distintion. To make it clearer, look at the following equivalences:
A = Distintion C = Pass
B = Merit D = Fail
Fail: if you do not reach the level that you present yourself
Pass: if you reach the level just
Merit: if your grade is higher than fair to pass
Distinction: if you reach the maximum score
In relation to the exam fees, you should know that these vary depending on the place where you enroll. In any case, ask for information at your exam center, since they are the ones who will confirm you with details, since the price may vary on different dates in addition to varying depending on the center where you do it.
When you are clear when you are going to take the exam, register as soon as possible, since there are a limited number of places and you can easily run out of yours. Enrollment can be done simply and quickly from the following link: https://examenexam.com/