Guide to prepare for the English exam Anglia General intermediate level - Elementary, level A2
For English students with an A2 level who want to certify it , they have the possibility of taking the English exam Anglia General intermediate level - Elementary, level A2, which we are going to talk about today. It may be the opportunity to obtain a certificate that very few have, but that certifies you with the same guarantees as any other degree. Therefore, today we are going to explain to you what this certificate consists of, how you can prepare it, what materials you need to prepare this exam on your own, in addition to everything related to registration, dates and exam fees.
Anglia exams, what are they?
Anglia Examinations is an international examining body that currently operates in more than 50 countries around the world. The Anglia exams are official English exams that certify your command of the language according to the CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference. The Anglia exams are certified and endorsed through the University of Chichester and offers several types of official exams to certify your level of English:
- General English exams.
- Business English exams.
- Oral English exams for children ages 4 to 11.
- International exams for teachers.
- Certifications in applied translation.
Anglia Examinations works together with Aim Awards , a union that offers certifications accredited by Ofqual, which is the British government body that regulates certifications. Aim Awards is an accrediting organization located in the United Kingdom, offering hundreds of official certifications at different levels and different areas of study. All Anglia examination centers are endorsed by both Anglia and Aim Awards in the performance of their preparation and examination functions.
Anglia Examinations favors the step-by-step approach to learning as the intention is to encourage and motivate students to make effective progress. Normally, the youngest children learn English for several years and later, in their adolescence, they begin the official language exams, considering the passage to the university or work world. At Anglia Examinations they try to make this step more progressive .
This is achieved by taking an Anglia test at the end of each academic year so that the student has the necessary certifications when they need to make a decision. In this way, continuity and self-confidence are fostered and in turn, regardless of when they stop studying, they will always have tangible evidence of the level reached.
Anglia Certifications and Recognitions Exam
The Anglia exams are internationally recognized by prestigious entities and organizations such as Ofqual or the Aim Awards, in Spain, they are recognized by ACLES ( Association of language centers in higher education) that certify their validity as an official level of languages in universities for access to degrees, masters or Erasmus plans, among others. In addition, the Anglia exams are also recognized by the different autonomous communities as a certifying entity of English for access to competitive examinations and offers of public positions and for bilingual teachers and teachers.
The Anglia exams have a multitude of recognitions from official bodies in Spain , such as the Government of Spain, Autonomous Communities of: Andalusia, Balearic Islands, Basque Country, Asturias (University of Oviedo), Murcia (University of Murcía), ACLES (Association of Centers of Languages in Higher Education). More than 70 universities in Spain, CRUE Universities in Spain, Erasmus Scholarships, ICEX Spain exports and investments, ESIC Business & Marketing School Madrid.
You have the list of certificates and recognition of the Anglia exams in Spain.
How is the English test Anglia General intermediate level - Elementary, level A2
The Anglia General intermediate level - Elementary exam, level A2 corresponds to level A2 in the Common European Framework of Reference. On the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking (optional), the new elements that this level assesses are: comprehension of more vocabulary including future tenses, present perfect, past continuous, compound and prepositional verbs, etc.
Candidate will need to do short composition, do letter matching activities, multiple answer questions, fill in the gaps, rearrange word order, answer true / false questions. To do this they should: write a short connected text on descriptive or narrative topics, read and understand a text on a familiar range of topics, ask and answer questions about past or present events, distinguish and use a variety of tenses in familiar contexts: past, present and future, express the basic intention, purpose, obligation, preference and advice.
Exactly, the exam consists of two parts , reading and writing, as well as listening and answering. The test lasts 2 hours. And the candidate must perform the following activities:
- Write a composition of 80 to 120 words, on a specific topic.
- Comprehensive reading of the text indicated, answering the indicated comprehension questions.
- Answer specific questions with written sentences.
- Answer questions by selecting between true or false.
- Answer questions by selecting the correct answer from among several.
- Use of synonyms and antonyms.
- Select and complete with the appropriate word, different sentences.
- Respond using verbs in the past.
- Write a short thank you letter.
- Select and write the preposition according to the sentence.
- Order sentences.
- Listen to the audio and select the correct answers.
- Complete a text based on the audio.
- Answer true or false based on the audio.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
It is highly advisable that even if you prepare the exam on your own, you have contact with natives , since they are the ones who will help you prepare all the tests fluently, especially the oral and written creation tests. Either in person or remotely, surely you will find native speakers of English who are very interested in making exchanges and accompanying you in this process.
It is necessary that you set your goal in a strong way , that is, that you organize and work under a schedule that allows you to make the most of your study time and that allows you to prepare for each of the tests that you have to pass.
It is essential that to take this exam you already know English and that you have a good command of all the content of level A2 , so that you can take the tests safely and with guaranteed success.
Anglia makes the following material available to candidates, which is essential to use to prepare rigorously for the tests:
- You will be able to access sample exams that will help you a lot with the preparation of the tests
- And you also have all this extra material for the preparation of your exam, it will help you a lot to accompany the children and help them
- Do not forget to prepare the oral part, it is essential that the candidates go secure and with a lot of practice.
- In addition to that, remember that it is essential that you read a lot in English, which will allow you to find new structures, words, etc. In case you are interested in using it, here is this magnificent list of reading books, special for level A2, in case one suits your tastes and needs.
- It would also be very good to find and watch movies and series in English with which to practice and have fun. Anyway, this list will surely help you decide on material adapted to your level. These are series and movies in English recommended for level A2.
- And do not forget about music, it is a playful tool that we all like very much. With the list that we leave you, you can surely do activities and find material that will help you practice English. They are adapted for your A2 level, and that is more than essential.
In any case, we advise you to always have your own English book for level A2 nearby with which to solve all your doubts about grammar and vocabulary. It would even be good if you went over it before starting, as it would allow you to have all the fresher contents to start with the preparation. Do not forget to use a good dictionary either, it is a fundamental tool to resolve doubts and advance in the study of English.
Registration, dates, and other information of interest
With regard to dates and rates, we leave you this link where you can make the registration and enrollment quickly and safely.