Anglia Young learners level - Primary (A1)
Guide to prepare for the English exam Anglia Young learners level - Primary, level A1
If you have an A1 level of English and want to certify it, today we want to explain the Anglia option, an English certificate that will open many doors for you, even with an initial level. It is a certificate that will demonstrate your knowledge and skills in English and that will make it possible for you to work or study in English-speaking countries and entities.
We want to encourage you to certify your English level from the first moment, do not leave it until you have an advanced level, since, in addition to being an important motivator to go level by level, it will allow you to know the characteristics of these exams and go prepared and secure to higher levels. Read today's full article, we are going to explain everything related to the English exam Anglia Young learners level - Primary, level A1: how is the exam, dates, registration, and tips to prepare it on your own.
Anglia exams, what are they?
Anglia Examinations is an international examining body that currently operates in more than 50 countries around the world. The Anglia exams are official English exams that certify your command of the language according to the CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference. The Anglia exams are certified and endorsed through the University of Chichester and offers several types of official exams to certify your level of English:
- General English exams.
- Business English exams.
- Oral English exams for children ages 4 to 11.
- International exams for teachers.
- Certifications in applied translation.
Anglia Examinations works together with Aim Awards, a union that offers certifications accredited by Ofqual, which is the British government body that regulates certifications.
Anglia Examinations favor the step-by-step approach to learning as the intention is to encourage and motivate students to make effective progress. Normally, the youngest children learn English for several years and later, in their adolescence, they begin the official language exams, considering the passage to the university or work world. At Anglia Examinations they try to make this step more progressive.
This is achieved by taking an Anglia test at the end of each academic year so that the student has the necessary certifications when they need to make a decision. In this way, continuity and self-confidence are fostered and in turn, regardless of when they stop studying, they will always have tangible evidence of the level reached.
Anglia Certifications and Recognitions Exam
The Anglia exams are internationally recognized by prestigious entities and organizations such as Ofqual or the Aim Awards, in Spain, they are recognized by ACLES (Association of language centers in higher education) that certify their validity as an official level of languages in universities for access to degrees, masters or Erasmus plans, among others. In addition, the Anglia exams are also recognized by the different autonomous communities as an English certifying entity for access to public examinations and offers of public positions and for bilingual teachers and teachers.
The Anglia exams have a multitude of recognitions from official bodies in Spain , such as the Government of Spain, Autonomous Communities of: Andalusia, Balearic Islands, Basque Country, Asturias (University of Oviedo), Murcia (University of Murcía), ACLES (Association of Centers of Languages in Higher Education). More than 70 universities in Spain, CRUE Universities in Spain, Erasmus Scholarships, ICEX Spain exports and investments, ESIC Business & Marketing School Madrid.
Here is the list of certificates and recognition of the Anglia exams in Spain.
How is the English Anglia Young learners level test - Primary, level A1
The Anglia Primary exam is one of the exams that younger candidates can take. In this exam, basic knowledge of the language will be tested so that the little ones can start their path in the world of English in the best of ways, thanks to the English certificates for children recognized throughout the world.
The test consists of understanding around 400 words in close and familiar environments such as work, talking about feelings, the weather, etc. That is, it could be summarized as understanding:
- How to ask questions and answers.
- How to say that you can and cannot do things.
- How to say you have things, like things, they don't have things and you don't like them.
- How to tell time and describe when things happen.
- Understand the messages.
In this test, the candidate has to read and choose answers, match words, fill in the gaps and write some words and phrases. To do this you must have: a basic active vocabulary of approximately 300 words, tell the time, describe current actions, give personal and family information, describe habits, routines and daily activities, communicate when and how often it is carried out an action or event and form questions and negatives.
Here, you can see the specific content the candidate needs to control to successfully pass the test.
Exactly, the exam consists of two parts, reading and writing, as well as listening and answering. The test lasts for 1h. The candidate must carry out the following activities:
- Mark the correct answer.
- Select and complete a proposed text with the correct word.
- Change sentences from singular to plural.
- Write the time of the indicated clocks.
- Complete sentences choosing the appropriate word.
- Recognition of objects of the vocabulary learned.
- In a series of words, recognize and write the wrong one.
- Read a text and select the correct answer, based on the understanding of it.
- Listen to the audio and select the correct answers.
- Complete a text based on the audio.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
As they are such a special type of candidate, due to their age, it is required that there be someone to manage the work and accompany them. For these ages, it is most advisable that some of the study sessions share it with other candidates of the same characteristics, so that there is greater motivation and so that the student does not feel the weight of obligation.
If your students or children are preparing for these tests, remember to make them a well-defined study schedule and do everything possible to ensure that they comply with it rigorously. You must be aware, help him playing, solve his doubts, correct them, etc. It is essential that the children already know English and that they master all the content of level A1 well so that they can take the tests with safety and guaranteed success.
So that you can help them prepare for these tests, here is some essential material that Anglia makes available to all candidates::
- Access sample exams that will help you a lot with the preparation of the tests.
- And you also have all this extra material for the preparation of your exam, it will help you a lot to accompany the children and help them.
- Do not forget to prepare the oral part, it is essential that the candidates go secure and with a lot of practice.
- In addition to that, remember that it is essential that students read a lot in English, which will allow them to find new structures, words, etc. It is advisable to look for material adapted to the specific age and that motivates them, but, in case you are interested in using it, here is this magnificent list of reading books, special for level A1, in case one fits the needs of the candidate.
- It would also be very good to find movies and series in English with which to practice and have fun. It is recommended that they be appropriate for the age. Anyway, this list can help you . These are series and movies in English recommended for level A1.
- And don't forget about music, children love it very much. Look for songs that they themselves like, see if they can choose any for themselves.
Registration, dates and other information of interest
With regard to dates and rates, we leave you this link where you can make the registration and enrollment quickly and safely.