Guide to prepare for the English Anglia Masters exam, level C2
You have already reached the maximum level of English, level C2, which means that you can practically function as a native. It is essential that you take advantage of it and that you certify this knowledge, since you will be able to do many things if you have the diploma that proves it.
Do you want to have a good job in an English-speaking country or in an internationally prestigious company in your country? Do you want to be an English teacher? Are you studying translation and interpretation? For any of these situations or all that may occur to you, you already know how good it is to have an English certificate. Therefore, today we want to explain everything related to the Anglia Masters English exam, level C2, with which you can demonstrate your command of the language. We are going to explain what this test consists of, the importance and recognition of the certificate, how you can prepare it on your own, in addition to everything related to the exam registration.
Anglia exams, what are they?
Anglia Examinations is an international examining body that currently operates in more than 50 countries around the world. The Anglia exams are official English exams that certify your command of the language according to the CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference. The Anglia exams are certified and endorsed through the University of Chichester and offers several types of official exams to certify your level of English:
- General English exams.
- Business English exams.
- Oral English exams for children ages 4 to 11.
- International exams for teachers.
- Certifications in applied translation.
Anglia Examinations works together with Aim Awards , a union that offers certifications accredited by Ofqual, which is the British government body that regulates certifications . Aim Awards is an accrediting organization located in the United Kingdom, offering hundreds of official certifications at different levels and different areas of study. All Anglia examination centers are endorsed by both Anglia and Aim Awards in the performance of their preparation and examination functions.
Anglia Examinations favors the step-by-step approach to learning as the intention is to encourage and motivate students to make effective progress. With normality, the little ones learn English for several years and later, in their adolescence, they begin the official language exams, considering the passage to the university or work world. At Anglia Examinations they try to make this step more progressive .
This is achieved by taking an Anglia test at the end of each academic year so that the student has the necessary certifications when they need to make a decision. In this way, continuity and self-confidence are fostered and in turn, regardless of when they stop studying, they will always have tangible evidence of the level reached.
Anglia Certifications and Recognitions Exam
The Anglia exams are internationally recognized by prestigious entities and organizations such as Ofqual or the Aim Awards, in Spain, they are recognized by ACLES ( Association of language centers in higher education) that certify their validity as an official level of languages in universities for access to degrees, masters or Erasmus plans, among others. In addition, the Anglia exams are also recognized by the different autonomous communities as a certifying entity of English for access to competitive examinations and offers of public positions and for bilingual teachers and teachers.
The Anglia exams have a multitude of recognitions from official bodies in Spain , such as the Government of Spain, Autonomous Communities of: Andalusia, Balearic Islands, Basque Country, Asturias (University of Oviedo), Murcia (University of Murcía), ACLES (Association of Centers of Languages in Higher Education). More than 70 universities in Spain, CRUE Universities in Spain, Erasmus Scholarships, ICEX Spain exports and investments, ESIC Business & Marketing School Madrid.
You have the list of certificates and recognition of the Anglia exams in Spain.
How is the Anglia Masters English exam, level C2
The Anglia Masters English exam, level C2. It is level C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference and an Aim Awards Level 3 rating in the UK National Qualification Framework. A C1 from this exam may also be awarded if a C2 is not achieved.
The student can confidently manipulate the language and use it for any study or professional purpose. Evidence of very broad vocabulary and excellent control of language structures and organization. Full control of placement, style, language, inference. Nuanced differentiation of variety and tone. All of this must be demonstrated through a formal academic composition, formal and informal messages, a summary, multiple-choice questions, matching, definition / substitution, filling in, sentence transformation, taking notes while listening to the information given at a normal pace, and then using those notes for a specific task, take long text notes on any topic and use those notes to argue a case in clear and organized written text, show comprehensive and detailed understanding of a variety of texts, understand and produce language in a variety of styles and idioms.
You can see the specific contents that the candidate needs to control to pass the test successfully:
Exactly, the exam consists of two parts reading / writing and listening / answering. The test lasts 3 hours15 minutes in total . The candidate must perform the following activities in the test:
- Comprehensive reading of the text indicated, answering the indicated comprehension questions.
- Place titles raised to stories that do not have it.
- Answer multiple choice questions
- Transform sentences.
- Write two emails of 80 to 100 words, on issues raised.
- Complete with the correct word.
- Write an abstract of approximately 150 words. Based on a raised issue.
- Write a composition of 300 to 350 words, on a specific topic.
- Answer, selecting the correct answer based on the audio.
- Listen to an audio and write a note based on it.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
It is highly advisable that even if you prepare the exam on your own, you have contact with natives , since they are the ones who will help you prepare all the tests fluently, especially the oral and written creation tests. Either in person or remotely, surely you will find native English speakers very interested in making exchanges and accompanying you in this process.
It is necessary that you set your goal in a strong way , that is, that you organize and work under a schedule that allows you to make the most of your study time and that allows you to prepare for each of the tests that you have to pass.
It is essential that to take this exam you already know English and that you have a good command of all the content of the C2 level so that you can take the tests securely and with guaranteed success. At this level, you will practically not be able to make mistakes.
Anglia makes the following material available to candidates, which is essential to use to prepare rigorously for the tests:
- You will be able to access sample exams that will help you a lot with the preparation of the tests.
- And you also have all this extra material for the preparation of your exam, it will help you a lot.
- Do not forget to prepare the oral part, it is essential that the candidates go safe and with a lot of practice. Take a good look at the resource that Anglia puts at your disposal.
- In addition to that, remember that it is essential that you read a lot in English, which will allow you to find new structures, words, etc. In case you are interested in using it, here you have this magnificent list of reading books, special for level C2, in case one suits your likes and needs. In any case, remember that with your level you can already read everything you propose, without any adaptation.
- It would also be very good to find and watch movies and series in English with which to practice and have fun. Anyway, this list can surely help you decide on material adapted to your level. These are series and movies in English recommended for level C2.
- And don't forget about music, it's a fun tool that we all like a lot. With this secure link, you can carry out activities and find material that will help you practice English. They are adapted for your C2 level, and that is more than fundamental.
In any case, we advise you to always have your own English book for level c1 nearby with which to solve all your doubts about grammar and vocabulary. It would even be good to go over it before starting, as it would allow you to have all the fresher content to start with the preparation. Also, don't forget to use a good dictionary, it is a fundamental tool to answer questions and advance in the study of English.
Registration, dates, and other information of interest
With regard to dates and rates, we leave you this link where you can make the registration and enrollment quickly and safely.