Aptis APTIS - For Tourism (A2, B1, B2)
Guide to prepare the Aptis APTIS English exam - For Tourism, levels A2, B1, B2
To make your way in the tourism sector, it is necessary to officially accredit knowledge of foreign languages, especially English. It is essential that if you want to start working in the tourist area you have a certificate that demonstrates your knowledge of English, but what better way than to obtain a special certificate for this sector with which you can demonstrate that you know the vocabulary and everything related to this wide world . Without hesitation, this certificate will be a plus on your resume. Therefore, today we want to explain everything related to the Aptis APTIS - For Tourism English exam, levels A2, B1, B2. It will be clear to you what the exam is like, how you can prepare it and we will help you to register as quickly and safely as possible for you.
What are the Aptis exams?
APTIS is a modern and flexible multilevel test of English as a Foreign Language knowledge devised by linguistics experts from the British Council, designed to meet the diverse and varied needs of organizations and individuals around the world. It is innovative due to its approaches, its execution and the results it provides.
The exam consists of a core grammar and vocabulary test that is combined with the other components such as reading , writing , listening or speaking .
This test allows evaluating the different skills following the different levels established in the Common European Framework of Reference for the use of Languages or CEFR: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2.
The British Council offers several versions:
- General : it certifies basic and intermediate levels and is the most requested test of all, as it offers a general linguistic certification. In turn, it has several more specific tests that you can do depending on what you want. Among those are:
- Teens: specially designed for young people from 13 to 17 years of age with a vocabulary adapted to their age.
- Teachers: it is a version of Aptis General but focused on teachers and assesses the educational vocabulary.
- Tourism: like the other tests, it evaluates the same levels but with a vocabulary focused on the area of tourism.
- Advanced : version to certify advanced levels in the learning of foreign languages according to the CEFR.
These are divided into the following parts:
- Gramatic and vocabulary
- Oral expression
- Written comprehension
- Auditive comprehension
- Written expression
The times for each component of the Aptis General, Aptis for Teens, Aptis for Tourism and Aptis for Teachers are:
- Grammar and vocabulary: 25 minutes
- Oral expression: 12 minutes
- Written comprehension: 30 minutes
- Listening Comprehension: 25-50 minutes
- Written expression: 50 minutes
Among the fundamental advantages of these tests are:
- The most special characteristic that stands out the degree compared to the others is the flexibility it gives the candidate.
- It is based on modern linguistic findings and recent knowledge assessment research.
- The results are aligned with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Its certificates are a guarantee of quality, precision and reliability .
- In addition to the general oral expression, listening comprehension, reading comprehension and written expression tests, they decided to include an additional competence such as grammar and vocabulary that acts as a leveler.
- Aptis is administered by computer / computer including speaking and is always supervised by British Council staff.
- The result can be obtained between 48 and 72 hours after the time of the test, and the certificate, that is, the printed document, will be sent by post in the next 7-10 days.
- The price is quite accessible for any candidate .
- It is recognized by the vast majority of autonomous communities, private companies, public bodies and almost all public and private universities in Spain
- You can register up to three business days before the exam date, provided there is availability.
- It gives you the possibility to certify levels A1, A2, B1, B2, C, C1 and C2. Aptis is designed so that candidates can show their best. What they know is assessed, reflecting their level of English in the results.
- You can do Aptis in many centers recognized in Spain by the British Council and in some universities.
- In numerical form from 0 to 50 for each component. It is also expressed following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR, for each component. You will receive an overall score of 0-200 and a global CEFR level.
- If you have specific needs or a disability , Aptis offers you the possibility of taking a modified version of the exam .
- The inscription is quite easy to do , you can do it from your computer and choose the center of your convenience.
- The Aptis titles do not expire , they certify that the candidate, or already bearer of the same, demonstrated their linguistic competence on the date that appears on the certificate. However, it is possible that in some places they ask you that this test be up to date, since your knowledge and your level of English can change after a while.
- —You can expand the information on this exam on the official website of the British Council.
How is the APTIS English exam - For Tourism, levels A2, B1, B2
If you want to know with the maximum rigor and detail what the APTIS - For Tourism English exam, levels A2, B1, B2 is like, the Brititsh Council makes the following guide available to candidates in which you can obtain all the information related to the test.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
At the following link, the British Council offers you mock exams and videos that can help you a lot to prepare for the exam.
It is highly advisable that even if you prepare the exam on your own, you have contact with natives , since they are the ones who will help you prepare all the tests fluently, especially the oral and written creation tests. Either in person or remotely.
It is necessary that you set the goal of working to pass the exam and obtain your certificate, but really, that is, that you organize and work under a schedule that allows you to make the most of your study time and that allows you to prepare each one of the tests you have to pass. It is advisable that you prepare for a B2 level, to obtain the maximum degree .
It is essential that to take this exam you already know enough English and that you have a good command of all the content of levels A2-B2 , so that you can take the tests safely and with guaranteed success. Don't try to take the test without this prerequisite.
Remember that it is essential that you read a lot in English , which will allow you to find new structures, words, etc. As it is a topic as specific as tourism, we recommend that you look for readings related to that sector. Internet is the best source, look for blogs, websites ... In case you are interested in using it, here is this list of reading books, special for levels A2 , B1 and B2 , in case one suits your tastes and needs.
It would also be very good to find and watch movies and series in English with which to practice and have fun. This list can surely help you decide on the material adapted to your level. These are series and films in English recommended for levels A2 and B1, B2 .
And do not forget about music , it is a playful tool that we all like very much and with which you can improve your English skills a lot. With the following list you can surely do activities and find material that will help you practice English. They are adapted for levels A2 and B1, B2 .
We advise you to have an English book nearby at all times , with the specific contents of levels A2, B1, B2, with which to solve all your doubts about grammar and vocabulary. It would even be good for you to review them before starting, since it would allow you to have all the contents updated and controlled to start with the preparation of the Aptis for Tourism English exam, levels A2, B1, B2.
Also, don't forget to use a good dictionary , as it is a fundamental tool to answer questions and advance in the study of English. If you are not very clear about which ones can serve you, here is a list that will surely help and inspire you to decide.
Enrollment and results
The results are aligned with the CEFR. Candidates for the Aptis for Tourims English exam, levels A2, B1, B2 will receive a score on a numerical scale from 0 to 50 for the grammar and vocabulary section. As for the other components, they will receive a numerical score from 0 to 50 and a CEFR level for each of them. They will also receive a global CEFR level.
All these elements will constitute the candidate's linguistic profile. You can enroll up to three business days before the exam date, confirm with your center that there is availability, by filling in the form for the corresponding exam center. We recommend that you register as soon as possible to ensure a place in the call you prefer. You can do it right now, in the easiest and safest way from the following link .