Characteristics of the official English exam Trinity ISE I - Reading & Writing Module (level B1)
If you have a B1 level of English and want or need to certify your knowledge of comprehension and writing, today we are going to explain everything related to the official English exam Trinity ISE I - Reading & Writing Module, level B1. From the moment you obtain your certificate, you will be able to open tests in very different areas in which it is necessary to certify written and reading comprehension skills. Read this article calmly, because we are going to help you with materials, exam dates and, especially, with the quick and safe registration of the official English exam Trinity ISE I - Reading & Writing Module, level B1.
What is the Trinity ISE exam?
Trinity's Integrated Skills in English (ISE) is a contemporary qualification of four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) recognized by governments and institutions as reliable evidence of English language proficiency. Preparation for the ISE helps develop authentic communicative and transferable skills required for academic study and employability, such as synthesizing information, engaging in interactive discussions, and presenting topics of personal interest.
Two exam modules offer flexibility: there are two exam modules: Reading and Writing and Speaking and Listening, which, depending on whether the exam is taken at a Trinity SELT Center in the UK, or at a Trinity Registered Exam Center in anywhere in the world, they can be taken together, or separately when ready.
Structure with respect to the CEFR: ISE proficiency levels are calibrated according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and are available in five levels :
ISE Foundation (A2), ISE I (B1), ISE II (B2), ISE III (C1), ISE IV (C2) *
* ISE IV has a different format than ISE in CEFR levels A2-C1
Recognized and accepted:
ISE is a UK government approved test for visa application and settlement purposes when taken at a Trinity SELT Center.If you are preparing for the ISE as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for Visa or other purposes in the UK, visit UK visa tests,
ISE is an exam suitable for students at the end of study abroad courses, such as the Italian program funded by PON.
ISE scores are also used as strong evidence of English language proficiency and are recognized by an increasing number of universities, governments, and institutions around the world.
Characteristics of the official English exam Trinity ISE I - Reading & Writing Module, level B1
In this test you will examine the basic skills that you have to control to master a foreign language in its written text form: comprehension of both reading and written creation:
Reading and Writing : it is about reading comprehension and written expression. This exam lasts exactly two hours, in which you will have to develop 4 fundamental activities:
- A 400-word text with 15 comprehension questions about what you have written.
- You will read 4 short texts of 400 words in total. You will have to answer 15 comprehension questions through the texts.
- Using the texts from the previous activity, you have to write between 100 and 130 words.
- You have to write what can be a letter, an email, a review and it must have between 100 and 130 words.
You have the guides that Trinity College makes available to those interested in taking the test. Take a good look at the Trinity ISE I tests - Reading & Writing Module, level B1.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
From Trinity College you have more than enough material to prepare you for the Reading and Wrinting tests.
But, in addition to all this specific material, we want to help you with a series of tips and complementary material that can help you a lot in preparing for the exam:
- To take these tests, you already have to have knowledge of English at an intermediate level, that is, at level B1, especially in the part that you are going to examine, such as text comprehension and written expression . You cannot introduce yourself if you have not studied and prepared the level before, so the interesting thing would be if you start with this. Look for a general English book that can help you control all the contents of B1 and always have it at hand, in case you have any questions in your learning process.
- The Reading test requires that you dedicate yourself to reading in English as much as possible. You have to get into the habit of reading daily, whether it be newspapers, blogs, social networks, etc. But beyond that, it is necessary that you read complete books adapted to your level. This list of graded reading that we propose for the B1 level of English can help you a lot to begin to make contact with literature and other uses of the English language.
- Always work with a dictionary, it is what can help you solve all your doubts. Look at this list of possible dictionaries, choose the one that best suits your needs.
- For the test that you are going to take, it is also essential that you find new structures and vocabularies in formats other than just the written one. We advise you to also listen, from this material you will be able to get a lot of relevant information for your exam, and thus do not forget other aspects of the language. You can use this list of songs for your level. This compilation of series and movies can also help you .
- To prepare for a Writing test it is essential that you write as much as you can. It is about spending time every day to write and put into practice everything learned at level B1. We advise you to keep in touch with natives, in writing, it is what will allow you to do it in the most real way. Ask them to correct you, so you will move forward safely.
Do not forget to create a work schedule that allows you to organize yourself, that allows you to concentrate the time you dedicate to study. This organization in a planned way is what will help you to follow a regular rhythm of work, advance by weeks and be able to shape this personal project for you. It is essential that you have a specific agenda for this, that you work with it every day and that you meet the objectives set for each work session. When defining it, you have to be very aware of what days and hours you have quality time and without distractions to dedicate to study. Even if it is less than you would like, do it. Only continuous work allows you to achieve success.
Enrollment and results
The first thing you have to do is control the future dates to take the exam and the registration deadlines for each of them. We always advise that you confirm everything with your exam center, as these data could be affected by circumstances beyond the current forecast.
Check dates, centers and everything you need, you can also enroll from here, comfortably and safely.
The number of places is limited and they will be assigned as payments are made, so be very careful and do not let it pass, as you may run out of place. You will see that in the module that you have to fill in to enroll you have a section called "Observations", in which you must indicate if you only take a specific part of the exam because you have already previously taken the exam. In the latter case you must insert your candidate ID.
Until days before the exam they will not tell you in which of the available exam centers and closest to your home you should take the test. They do so in order to gather all the candidates by location in the fewest possible centers.