LanguageCert C1 Expert Speaking exam characteristics (level C1)
When you need to certify your level of spoken English, we advise you to prepare for the LanguageCert Expert Speaking exam. Today we bring a special article for all those who have a C1 level and who want to prepare and take the test. In case you did not know, this certification allows you to examine yourself from home or from wherever you decide. Keep reading, we are going to explain exactly what the LanguageCert C1 Expert Speaking exam is like, how to prepare it on your own and how to register.
What is the LangaugeCert exam
The LanguageCert International ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) certification, from the PeopleCert Group, consists of a validation of knowledge of the English language adapted to the new times.
The certification focuses on offering the tools most adapted to the language learning environment that prevails today, introducing real communicative scenarios that make it possible for the candidate to develop their expression skills while expanding their command of grammar. It offers you the possibility of taking the exam anywhere in the world, whenever you want, through the most advanced and appropriate technology for it. The organization has more than 10,000 exam locations and offers you the possibility of taking them remotely with total rigor, thanks to the implementation of Online Proctoring and Instant Scan & Mark technologies . The exams are characterized by:
- Offer a learning methodology focused on the development of expression skills.
- Establish an assessment system in which written and oral exams are articulated separately.
- Quickly analyze the results and issue digital and paper certificates in the same way, 10 days after the exam date.
They do all of this by measuring levels of understanding and expression based on the four basic criteria:
The written and oral exams are carried out separately, and passing the different tests offers you the possibility of obtaining two different certificates, one for each field. In addition, it is a certification that has frequent exams, although they take place on demand from the official centers enrolled in the program that carry out face-to-face tests at their facilities.
You have available the information that LanguageCert considers essential for its candidates, review it well.
How is the LanguageCert C1 Expert Speaking test, level C1
The LanguageCert International ESOL C1 exams assess candidates' four language skills within flexible and efficient communication in social, academic or professional settings in English-speaking countries. The LanguageCert International ESOL C1 exams are the first milestone to achieve the proficiency level of C2.
- The candidate can understand challenging texts and recognize the implicit meaning of these texts, use language fluently and spontaneously, participate in discussions that provide clear and effective contributions.
- At this level, the candidate has already developed the necessary skills to make the most of study, work and life in English-speaking countries. With the acquired level of knowledge of English, you can understand a wide range of long and demanding conversations , express ideas without too much searching, use the language effectively for social, academic or professional situations and create well structured and detailed speeches on complex topics.
- Plus, it shows that you have the language skills that most employers look for in employees equipped with a high level of English. LanguageCert International ESOL C1 opens the doors to international travel, work and study anywhere in the world.
There are two different exams for this level:
—Written exam: listen, read, write.
—Oral exam: speak. The oral exam, which is the one you are going to prepare in this case, lasts 15 minutes, whatever format you do. It is a test that consists of four parts, take a good look at the characteristics of each of them:
Results and evaluation
The general evaluation criteria on which this test is evaluated are the following:
- It will be taken into account if you have answered the statement made by the examiner.
- The grammar expressions you have used, if they are appropriate.
- The amount and variety of vocabulary you have used.
- The pronunciation, intonation, and fluency with which you use the English language.
Each of these criteria is awarded 3 points so that up to a maximum of 12 points in total can be accumulated.
In principle, once you have obtained the certification in one of the different levels, in this case, the oral or written test, or both, of C1, you have to know that it does not expire. However, it is possible that certain affiliated educational centers require the revalidation of certain sections to continue holding the degree.
As you can see, the LanguageCert International certification is fundamental training for your curriculum. With it, you can ensure not only that you achieve a high level of knowledge of the English language, but also that you have a world-renowned degree, which will open doors to infinite opportunities that you cannot even imagine right now.
Tips for preparing the test on your own
It is necessary that you read the previous section well, in which we indicated what the LanguageCert Expert C1 Speaking exam is like, according to that, you will have to prepare to pass. Also, follow the tips that we leave you below, they will help you a lot:
- It is necessary to have previous knowledge of English related to the level at which you are going to take the exam, in this case, a C1. It is a higher level, in which you have to perform in all the tests as a native practically. In case you consider it necessary, LanguageCert offers you the possibility of taking this test and checking your level of English.
- To prepare for this exam on your own, you must dedicate weekly time to this specific test within your study plan and to each of the parts that make it up. It is essential that every week you dedicate the highest quality time to this project, every day as much time as you can.
- It will help you a lot to read, to acquire vocabulary and structures; It will also take a lot of listening, which is essential to get accents and pronunciation. With the level you have, you can read and listen to anything, no adaptations will be necessary.
- listening rigorously to native speakers is what will allow you to obtain the highest rating. You should also talk to them as much as possible, establish conversations and ask them to correct you;
- It is very important that you also work on body language, since that says a lot about you and the security you have when you express yourself in English, much more for your level. Take into account cultural aspects that can help you to take this test.
Fundamental materials for the preparation of the LanguageCert C1 Expert Speaking test, level C1
- In the following link, you have all the material that LanguageCert itself advises you to have to prepare for the test. Get what you can, review it well beforehand, and work thoroughly with this material that is aimed at preparing and passing the exam.
- This list of reading books can greatly help you prepare for the test and improve vocabulary and structures. It is necessary that what you learn you put into practice in your conversations, to demonstrate the level. We have already told you that you can read anything without adaptation, but if you need it, here it is.
- This list of songs for your level can help you work and study while having fun.
- But if you prefer, you can do it with this list of series and movies that are very good for you for level C1, with which you can also learn a lot and then put it into practice.
- This recommendation of dictionaries is also very important since with them you can solve all your doubts while you study. Choose the one that best suits you and your C1 level.
How to register
We advise you to look at the following link and look at the exact dates and exam centers closest to you, where you can take the Speaking exam, even if you plan to take the exam from home:
Once you know when and with whom you will do the test, or if you decide to do it from home, it is essential that you contact your exam center since they will be able to answer all your doubts, they will be able to tell you if there are any news and all the specific details you need to know to successfully pass this level test.
If you decide to take the oral test, LanguageCert will tell you how everything is going to be carried out, all the conditions of this very particular test and they will help you with everything you need, but remember to have a quality computer at hand and a good Internet connection, so that nothing fails you at the time of examining you. Don't miss out on this option of taking your exam comfortably and whenever you want, it is one of the benefits of certifying your English skills with LanguageCert.