Anglia Higher level - Accept Proficiency (C1)
Guide to prepare for the English exam Anglia Higher level - Accept Proficiency, level C1
Have you achieved a C1 level of English? Are you clear that you want to certify it, but it is not very clear which exam to take? You do not know if you are prepared, if it makes sense to make an investment of this type? If you have answered yes to some of the previous questions, today we are going to help you.
We want to propose the English exam Anglia Higher level - Accept Profiency, level C1 . For its recognition, for how close it is to preparing it, for the opportunities that will come to you when you take it out ... For all this we have plenty of reasons to explain what this test consists of, how you can prepare it on your own and, in addition, when and how you can enroll to do it. Read the full article, it is a fundamental guide that will help you a lot and help you organize yourself so that you pass the test successfully.
Anglia exams, what are they?
Anglia Examinations is an international examining body that currently operates in more than 50 countries around the world. The Anglia exams are official English exams that certify your command of the language according to the CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference. The Anglia exams are certified and endorsed through the University of Chichester and offers several types of official exams to certify your level of English:
- General English exams.
- Business English exams.
- Oral English exams for children ages 4 to 11.
- International exams for teachers.
- Certifications in applied translation.
Anglia Examinations works together with Aim Awards , a union that offers certifications accredited by Ofqual, which is the British government body that regulates certifications . Aim Awards is an accrediting organization located in the United Kingdom, offering hundreds of official certifications at different levels and different areas of study. All Anglia examination centers are endorsed by both Anglia and Aim Awards in the performance of their preparation and examination functions.
Anglia Examinations favors the step-by-step approach to learning as the intention is to encourage and motivate students to make effective progress. Normally, the youngest children learn English for several years and later, in their adolescence, they begin the official language exams, considering the passage to the university or work world. At Anglia Examinations they try to make this step more progressive .
This is achieved by taking an Anglia test at the end of each academic year so that the student has the necessary certifications when they need to make a decision. In this way, continuity and self-confidence are fostered and in turn, regardless of when they stop studying, they will always have tangible evidence of the level reached.
Anglia Certifications and Recognitions Exam
The Anglia exams are internationally recognized by prestigious entities and organizations such as Ofqual or the Aim Awards, in Spain, they are recognized by ACLES ( Association of language centers in higher education) that certify their validity as an official level of languages in universities for access to degrees, masters or Erasmus plans, among others. In addition, the Anglia exams are also recognized by the different autonomous communities as a certifying entity of English for access to competitive examinations and offers of public positions and for bilingual teachers and teachers.
The Anglia exams have a multitude of recognitions from official bodies in Spain, such as the Government of Spain, Autonomous Communities of Andalusia, Balearic Islands, Basque Country, Asturias (University of Oviedo), Murcia (University of Murcía), ACLES (Association of Centers of Languages in Higher Education). More than 70 universities in Spain, CRUE Universities in Spain, Erasmus Scholarships, ICEX Spain exports and investments, ESIC Business & Marketing School Madrid.
You have the list of certificates and recognition of the Anglia exams in Spain.
How is the English exam Anglia Higher level - Accept Proficiency, level C1
The Anglia Proficiency exam is level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference and a rating of the Aim Awards Level 2 in the UK National Qualification Framework.
The student has a good active vocabulary and a structural understanding, and can therefore undertake a course of study in English at a higher level. Comprehension of a broad vocabulary, evidence of language structures and organization, placement, control of style or idioms, differentiation of variety and tone when necessary.
All this is demonstrated by a formal academic composition, a composition (general), two formal and informal messages, a summary, multiple-choice questions, matching, filling, sentence transformation, word transformation, take note, true/false / does not say statements.
For this, the student has to write clear and organized texts on descriptive, narrative, or discursive topics, including the opinion and the advantages and disadvantages of a given topic; write letters, both formal and informal; read and respond to a longer text on any topic, concrete or abstract; provide an accurate summary of a text; use language to perform any function that may arise in a normal learning or social context; manipulate structures to create emphasis and vary style and language; listen and respond accurately to passages and questions in a variety of forms and contexts, delivered at a normal pace.
You can see the specific contents that the candidate needs to control to pass the test successfully:
Exactly, the exam consists of two parts reading/writing and listening/answering. The test will last 3 hours, including the oral part. The applicant must perform the following activities in the test:
- Write a composition of 300 words, on a specific topic.
- Write a letter of 110 to 130 words or an e-mail of 70 words on one of the suggested topics.
- A comprehensive reading of the text indicated, answering the indicated comprehension questions.
- Answer questions by selecting between true or false or does not mention it.
- Write a text of a minimum of 50 words, a maximum of 75 according to the guidelines given.
- Rewrite the sentences using the indicated grammatical form.
- Complete the sentences or phrases as you see fit.
- The answer, selecting the correct answer based on the audio.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
It is highly advisable that even if you prepare for the exam on your own, you have contact with natives since they are the ones who will help you prepare for all the tests fluently, especially the oral and written creation tests. Either in person or remotely, surely you will find native speakers of English who are very interested in making exchanges and accompanying you in this process.
It is necessary that you set your goal in a strong way, that is, that you organize and work under a schedule that allows you to make the most of your study time and that allows you to prepare for each of the tests that you have to pass.
It is essential that to take this exam you already know English and that you have a good command of all the content of level C1 so that you can take the tests securely and with guaranteed success. At this level, you will practically not be able to make mistakes.
Anglia makes the following material available to candidates, which is essential to use to prepare rigorously for the tests:
- You will be able to access sample exams that will help you a lot with the preparation of the tests.
- And you also have all this extra material for the preparation of your exam, it will help you a lot.
- Do not forget to prepare the oral part, it is essential that the candidates go safe and with a lot of practice. Take a good look at the resource that Anglia puts at your disposal.
- In addition to that, remember that it is essential that you read a lot in English, which will allow you to find new structures, words, etc. In case you are interested in using it, here is this magnificent list of reading books, special for level C1 , in case one suits your tastes and needs. Anyway, remember that with your level you can already read everything you propose, without any kind of adaptation.
- It would also be very good to find and watch movies and series in English with which to practice and have fun. Anyway, this list can surely help you decide on material adapted to your level. These are series and movies in English recommended for level C1.
- And don't forget about music, it's a fun tool that we all like a lot. With this list, you can surely do activities and find material that will help you practice English. They are adapted for your C1 level, and that is more than fundamental.
In any case, we advise you to always have your own English book for level c1 nearby with which to solve all your doubts about grammar and vocabulary. It would even be good if you went over it before starting, as it would allow you to have all the fresher contents to start with the preparation. Do not forget to use a good dictionary either, it is a fundamental tool to resolve doubts and advance in the study of English. If you are not sure which ones can help you, here is a list that will surely help and inspire you to decide.
Registration, dates, and other information of interest
With regard to dates and rates, we leave you this link where you can make the registration and enrollment quickly and safely.