PTE General C2 Proficient (C2)
General characteristics of the PTE General C2 Proficient exam (level C2)
If you have finished your studies of the English language, you already have the ability to express yourself and to understand like a native, practically. Congratulations, as you had to put in good and hard work to reach the goal. Now it's time to get your certificate that accredits your knowledge of English. Today we have prepared for you the guide to the PTE General C2 Proficient English exam, level C2, in which we will answer your questions, we will leave you a link to material that can be used as preparation and we will guide you so that you know when you can take the exam and where, giving you access to direct enrollment. Keep reading, surely this article can help you a lot.
What is the PTE General English test?
It is the certification of English with an international character for adolescents and adults. PTE GENERAL is a general English certification for teens, young adults and adults, endorsed by PEARSON, the UK's largest and most important certification organization.
There is the possibility of doing any of the six levels of difficulty, from A1 to C2. PTE GENERAL certifies the ability to use the English language to travel, study or obtain better job prospects, evaluating the skills necessary to handle real life situations, such as taking notes, writing messages, understanding news, etc.
The different levels of PTE GENERAL are accepted by universities, companies and educational authorities, and are also recognized worldwide as evidence of the level of English acquired. In Spain they are recognized by all the autonomous communities, by ACLES (Association of Language Centers in Higher Education) and by CRUE (Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities).
All levels correspond to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The certificates include a clear equivalence with the CEFR level achieved by the students.
By taking the test, students will be able to demonstrate their level of English and certify their ability in the language to continue their training or improve their job prospects. The exams combine a progressive approach with international content that enables students to reach their full potential in today's global world. In addition, the exams are designed to positively reward achievement in learning English.
The exam activities are a natural continuation of what happens inside and outside of class , that is, they combine the academic part with the more social part, giving the students the opportunity to achieve their best performance with everything they have learned after studying but also from the most natural environment of the day to day. For this reason, authentic materials taken from brochures, magazines, television, newspapers, etc. are used in the exams . All activities present situations from everyday life, such as writing messages, understanding talks, news or participating in a conversation.
PTE GENERAL assesses the four skills in an integrated way : Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing. It focuses on assessing the ability to communicate in English, rather than the skills to solve one type of test. The exam consists of two parts: the written exam and the oral exam.
Structure of the PTE General C2 Proficient exam, level C2
The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 55 minutes.
It is an ideal exam for all candidates who are pursuing higher studies at an institution, college or university in English and need to demonstrate an advancing level of the English language on a social and academic level. It is necessary that you understand and that you express yourself, implicitly and explicitly, in the work, social and academic environment. You have to know how to describe experiences, give accurate opinions, both spoken and written, as well as a high level of precision and style.
The exam consists of two parts:
It is made up of 9 activities related to a topic, which tends to be abstract. There are 2 Listening activities, 1 Listening & Writing activity, 2 Writing activities and 4 Reading activities.
The exam lasts 8 minutes and consists of an interaction between the candidate and the examiner. It consists of 4 activities: a monologue, a debate, the description of a photograph and a role play.
How to prepare the tests on your own: tips and materials
To take these tests, you already have to have complete knowledge of English, all its grammar and the maximum vocabulary, that is, at the C2 level, that is, practically like a native speaker. So the interesting thing would be that you start with this, with some general English book that helps you control all the contents of C2 and that you always have close by in case you have any questions. Once you have established the level and its contents:
- Remember to be as orderly as possible during the study. We advise you that from the first day you create a plan with an exclusive agenda for this, that you fulfill it with commitment and desire, since if this is not the case you will not be able to advance or achieve the proposed objective. It is a C2 level, the upper level, and that requires deep preparation.
- The Reading test forces you to read as much English as you can and more. Try to get daily readings, whether from newspapers, blogs, social networks, etc. To help you, we think that you review this list of graded reading for the C2 level of English, which can help you a lot to begin to make contact with the literature and other uses of the English language. Anyway, with this level you can read anything, the grades per level will not be necessary.
- Do not forget to write down everything relevant and new for you, to later put it into practice in your conversations or writing. Always work with a dictionary, it is what can help you solve all your doubts. Look at this list of possible dictionaries, choose the one that best suits your needs
- To prepare a Writing test, the fundamental thing is to write as much as you can. It is about spending time every day to write and put into practice everything learned at level C2, but it is also advisable to use vocabulary and structures obtained from listening and reading. We advise you to maintain contact with natives, in writing, which will allow you to do it in the most real way. Ask them to correct you, so you will move forward safely. With the level you have, you can have practically no failure.
- To prepare for the Listening test, what you have to do is listen to a lot of English, as much as you can. Use all the resources you have at your disposal and take advantage of them. You can use this list of songs for your level.
- This compilation of series and movies can also help you .
- The spoken test you should prepare it with a native person, this can serve as a basis and help you to be well prepared for the exam. You have to demonstrate the utmost naturalness and dexterity in your oral communication, so the more you practice, the better. Verbal fluency is necessary now. Listening is essential to prepare the ear, practice accents, etc. It is good that also for your conversations you use material obtained from readings and listening.
- It is also good that you contact other people who have already gone through the same thing as you , that is, who have already taken the exam, so that they can explain their experiences to you. Search the networks, you will find everything you need. Surely through a blog, a group already created or established, or if you dare you could set up the meeting group, it would be a rewarding experience and you could help yourself a lot while helping others.
- If you need help, look at the training resource that Pearson makes available to those interested.
- It also makes elementary resources available to those who need it to prepare for the tests. Take the specific resources for the PTE General English exam level C2 and take the opportunity to prepare yourself with a foundation.
Dates, registration and results
In 2020 you have the opportunity to certify your C2 level of English. Remember how important it is that you get in touch with your nearest center, since it is the one that will indicate with exactness and precision the characteristics of the invitation in which you will be examined, possible changes and how the exam will be done.
In any case, we advise you to enter the link , from which you can control everything related to calls, prices, center, etc. That is, you have all the information gathered without the need to search. It is the most comfortable and easy way, because it also offers you the option of registering directly, with complete and absolute security.