Anglia Higher level - Advanced (B2)
Guide to prepare for the English exam Anglia Higher level - Advanced, level B2
If you study English and your knowledge is already at a B2 level, today you are in luck because we precisely want to help you obtain an official certificate that accredits said knowledge and the skills that this entails. Let's see everything related to the Anglia exam.
Perhaps it is a certification that you do not know enough, but we are going to explain everything so that you give yourself the opportunity. In addition, with a certificate like this, the facilities will come to you in a natural way, because even if you do not know the degree, you will see that it has great importance, like many other English certificates or even more. Don't miss out on this opportunity and open yourself up to finding a new job, the possibility of studying abroad or whatever you want to do with an intermediate-advanced level of English. Here is everything you want to know about the Anglia Higher level - Advanced English exam, level B2.
Anglia exams, what are they?
Anglia Examinations is an international examining body that currently operates in more than 50 countries around the world. The Anglia exams are official English exams that certify your command of the language according to the CEFR, Common European Framework of Reference. The Anglia exams are certified and endorsed through the University of Chichester and offers several types of official exams to certify your level of English:
- General English exams.
- Business English exams.
- Oral English exams for children ages 4 to 11.
- International exams for teachers.
- Certifications in applied translation.
Anglia Examinations works together with Aim Awards , a union that offers certifications accredited by Ofqual, which is the British government body that regulates certifications. Aim Awards is an accrediting organization located in the United Kingdom, offering hundreds of official certifications at different levels and different areas of study. All Anglia examination centers are endorsed by both Anglia and Aim Awards in the performance of their preparation and examination functions.
Anglia Examinations favors the step-by-step approach to learning as the intention is to encourage and motivate students to make effective progress. Normally, the youngest children learn English for several years and later, in their adolescence, they begin the official language exams, considering the passage to the university or work world. At Anglia Examinations they try to make this step more progressive .
This is achieved by taking an Anglia test at the end of each academic year so that the student has the necessary certifications when they need to make a decision. In this way, continuity and self-confidence are fostered and in turn, regardless of when they stop studying, they will always have tangible evidence of the level reached.
Anglia Certifications and Recognitions Exam
The Anglia exams are internationally recognized by prestigious entities and organizations such as Ofqual or the Aim Awards, in Spain, they are recognized by ACLES ( Association of language centers in higher education) that certify their validity as an official level of languages in universities for access to degrees, masters or Erasmus plans, among others. In addition, the Anglia exams are also recognized by the different autonomous communities as a certifying entity of English for access to competitive examinations and offers of public positions and for bilingual teachers and teachers.
The Anglia exams have a multitude of recognitions from official bodies in Spain , such as the Government of Spain, Autonomous Communities of: Andalusia, Balearic Islands, Basque Country, Asturias (University of Oviedo), Murcia (University of Murcía), ACLES (Association of Centers of Languages in Higher Education). More than 70 universities in Spain, CRUE Universities in Spain, Erasmus Scholarships, ICEX Spain exports and investments, ESIC Business & Marketing School Madrid.
You have the list of certificates and recognition of the Anglia exams in Spain.
How is the English exam Anglia Higher level - Advanced, level B2
The Anglia Advanced exam refers to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference and an Aim Awards Level 1 in the UK national qualification framework.
With this test the candidate demonstrates being able to understand verbs followed by the past tense, hypothesis and deduction with manners, various uses of the infinitive, more compound verbs, inversion, placement and idiom and an increase in vocabulary compared to the previous level.
In these tests, in general, the candidate must make a composition of two messages, formal and informal; multiple answer questions; pareo; filling; sentence transformation; word transformation; take note and True / False / Does not say statements.
To do this, he has to write clear texts on descriptive, narrative, imaginary or discursive topics; write letters, both formal and informal; understand and respond to the main points of a text on any topic, concrete or abstract; use language to perform any function that may arise in a normal learning or social context; manipulate structures to create emphasis and vary style and language; listen to and respond to passages and questions in a variety of ways, delivered at a measured pace.
You can see the specific content that the candidate needs to control to pass the test successfully.
Exactly, the exam consists of two parts : reading / writing and listening / answering. The test will last 3 hours including the oral part. The candidate must perform the following activities in the test:
- Write a composition of 200 to 250 words, on a specific topic.
- Write a letter or e-mail of between 80-100 words on one of the topics that are suggested to you.
- Comprehensive reading of the text indicated, answering the indicated comprehension questions.
- Answer specific questions with written sentences.
- Answer questions by selecting between true or false.
- Mark the questions by selecting the correct answer from among several.
- Choose or match the correct answer, completing sentences with grammar.
- Complete the sentences or phrases as you see fit.
- Rewrite the sentences using the indicated grammatical form.
- Listen to the audio and complete the note.
- Complete a text based on the audio.
- Answer true or false or did not say so, based on the audio.
- Respond, selecting the answer based on the audio.
How to prepare for the exam on your own
It is highly advisable that even if you prepare the exam on your own, you have contact with natives , since they are the ones who will help you prepare all the tests fluently, especially the oral and written creation tests. Either in person or remotely, surely you will find native speakers of English who are very interested in making exchanges and accompanying you in this process.
It is necessary that you set your goal in a strong way , that is, that you organize and work under a schedule that allows you to make the most of your study time and that allows you to prepare for each of the tests that you have to pass.
It is essential that to take this exam you already know English and that you master all the content of level B2 well , so that you can take the tests securely and with guaranteed success.
Anglia makes the following material available to candidates, which is essential to use to prepare rigorously for the tests:
- With this book you will have the most rigorous preparation and adjusted to the exam tests, it is highly advisable to follow it.
- You will be able to access sample exams that will help you a lot with the preparation of the tests.
- And you also have all this extra material for the preparation of your exam, it will help you a lot.
- Do not forget to prepare the oral part, it is essential that the candidates go secure and with a lot of practice. Take a good look at the resource that Anglia puts at your disposal.
- In addition to that, remember that it is essential that you read a lot in English, which will allow you to find new structures, words, etc. In case you are interested in using it, here is this magnificent list of reading books , special for level B2, in case one suits your tastes and needs.
- It would also be very good to find and watch movies and series in English with which to practice and have fun. Anyway, this list will surely help you decide on material adapted to your level. These are series and movies in English recommended for level B2.
- And don't forget about music, it's a fun tool that we all like a lot. With this list you can surely do activities and find material that will help you practice English. They are adapted for your B2 level, and that is more than essential.
In any case, we advise you to always have your own English book for level B1 nearby to answer all your doubts about grammar and vocabulary. It would even be good if you went over it before starting, as it would allow you to have all the fresher contents to start with the preparation. Do not forget to use a good dictionary either, it is a fundamental tool to resolve doubts and advance in the study of English. If you are not very clear about which ones can help you, here is an entry that will surely help and inspire you to decide.
Registration, dates and other information of interest
With regard to dates and rates, we leave you this link where you can make the registration and enrollment quickly and safely.