The opportunities that learning German offers today
Dec 1, 2020
The opportunities that learning German offers today
For the European citizen, Germany has always been a country with enormous potential for development and it has been demonstrating this for many years. Given the current economic situation in the world, the idea of studying German could be the most appropriate measure to get ahead, truthfully, its learning is in full swing and its main reason is the high economic power that this country has.
Advantages of studying German in these moments of crisis
Studying German to find a qualified job has many incentives as we can see below:
- It stands out in the export of technological products, exceeding 12% of world trade
- It allocates 3% of its GDP in the area of research and development.
- It is a leader within the European Union.
For these reasons, the current labor demand in Germany turns out to be very attractive because the number of employed exceeds 41.5 million workers and because they tend to be skilled and well-paid jobs, these being the main reasons why millions of people from all over the world the world prefer to study German.
Special features to take into account of the German language
There is a very widespread belief that German is a difficult language to learn because it has many differences from Latin languages, but the truth tells us otherwise.
It is true that its characteristics are different from those of Romance languages such as Spanish, French, etc., the biggest problem for Latin Americans being that Germans construct the sentences backwards. However, the differences are salvageable and are worth studying because of the great possibilities that this language offers in the workplace, the most productive in the world today.
The difficulties and similarities of pronunciation and grammar for a Spanish
- Its pronunciation is reputed to be very difficult for Latinos.
- The letters have a peculiar sound.
- However, its rule is similar to Spanish.
- The formation of compound words is quite easy and simple.
Although, due to the particularities of this language, it is necessary to learn the gender and plural with each word, however, it has certain rules that help to specify the gender or number of a large number of words.
As we have been saying, the importance of German is determined by :
- Being one of the most widely spoken languages in Europe, it has been introduced in all nations through its economic activity.
- In Spain, hundreds of German companies carry out their economic activities, which becomes a great opportunity to find employment.
And as a consequence:
- There is constantly a significant demand for collaborators with good knowledge of the language and its culture.
- The chances of finding a good job are high with many guarantees of success.
The importance of literature in the study of the language
It is necessary to take into account the role that the German literature plays in language learning, which materializes for two very important reasons:
- On the one hand, technological and scientific development opens the way for those who are fluent in the German language.
- At the same time, the world level reached by the new generation of German writers is a new focus of attention for the study of German, with the purpose of getting closer to the spiritual present of the European continent, due to the influence that these writers are exercising.
German opens doors for you
Germany is much more than a workplace, it is also historically a country that stands out in the field of culture and therefore attracts the attention of many people who want to know their language to connect directly with their culture.
- Germany is universally known as: Das Land der Dichter und Denker or the land of poets and thinkers. The Germans in general, have developed letters and the arts with great splendor. These include 13 Nobel Prizes for Literature and 30 Nobel Prizes for Physics that were awarded to German-speaking authors / scientists.
- Managing the German language will then allow you to read classic authors of literature, philosophy, and the social sciences and exact in their original language.
Studying German is not a difficult task
The German language has always had the bad reputation of being a very difficult language for us Spaniards to learn. This opinion totally changes when we get down to work and begin to study it , because for Spanish-speakers when it comes to its pronunciation it is not difficult, even easier, say some experts than French and Portuguese, but in the Writing is where there can be more complications from studying your grammar, because it is totally different from Spanish. It is a matter of taking the first steps to get used to it.
On the other hand, the latest studies have shown that German is so difficult to understand. Keep in mind:
- That the topics are not always true because, is it true that German is so difficult for a Spaniard? It is true that learning a language that does not belong to the family we speak of has a slower process, but with perseverance you will achieve very important advances, which deny this statement.
The two reasons that will make it easier for you to learn German
- Its pronunciation is not difficult, because unlike English it has very specific rules.
- Cultured words come from Latin and make it easy for you to study them.
For all these reasons and you have been able to verify that German is easy, you only need decision and dedication, which are the bases of success.